cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Guess I'm going to have to stop using CF at work until this is figured out. Muting is not an option as I need to be aware of notifications... I will never buy Greenies the rest of my life.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Guys trust me - this crap is just as frustrating for me as it is you. Trying to locate these ads is the single most difficult aspect of independent publishing. I've put more hours into this in the last week than anything else job related. We're doing our best. Hopefully we have a solution to the damn dog treat ads soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I use Safari. Yesterday I was bothered by the loud unstoppable ads but haven't been since I clicked on the Ad Choices (triangle in the upper righthand corner of the ad where the "X" normally is). Somewhere on that page that describes what the Ad Choices program is, is an "opt out" link which I followed. It may be pure coincidence but I haven't had a loud ad since that time.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I use Safari. Yesterday I was bothered by the loud unstoppable ads but haven't been since I clicked on the Ad Choices (triangle in the upper righthand corner of the ad where the "X" normally is). Somewhere on that page that describes what the Ad Choices program is, is an "opt out" link which I followed. It may be pure coincidence but I haven't had a loud ad since that time.

I saw that and thought it probably was NOT something I should click on. Maybe I'll try it next time. The first time this morning I got the Greenies ad. CLicking on it goes here http://www.greenies.com/dogs/dog-dental-chews.aspx?sc_cid=Greenies_OLV_SpecificMedia_Q12015

Update: just refreshed page, clicked on that triangle which took me to this page http://corp.specificmedia.com/sites/privacy/?cid=752373&bid=3283632&lid=385617 Now am "trying" the opt-out for five years link. That use a cookie, so suppose I need to do it for all my browsers. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Are we getting anywhere with these greenies ads, it's super annoying. Yes I know, volume off yada yada.

I'm working on video editing as part of my job and it's annoying when I can't surf CF and work.

Last edited:

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I'm getting a ZIP Sport one that plays ads with sound every other page. Also working with video at work and it sucks.

ISUalum2012

Mar 24, 2014
I'm getting destroyed by Ads with sound this morning... DeVri University and some Florida ad.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'll fully admit I have adblock on, but only on the small section that has those ads. I turned it off to take screenshots, and I'm not sure you need them to report. Everytime I refresh it auto-starts a commercial (not the same one, it cycles between movies, products, etc). It then goes to the FlowPlayer that plays random stuff from People.com, bands, or NBC.

Seems like this "FlowPlayer" thing is the current issue.

edit: Here are 3 screens I took. One for a movie preview, the flow player that plays after every commercial, then an example of another commercial.

2e6ajux.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron