After one B12 game, it looks like this to me ...

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
1. Kansas
2. Houston
3. TCU
4. Iowa State
5. KSU
6. Baylor
7. Texas Tech
8. West Virginia
9. Oklahoma State.
10. Cincy
11. BYU
12. UCF

Oklahoma/Texas - who cares. They can go suck the biggest bag of dicks you can find.
UCF is better than Cincy and BYU this year, otherwise pretty spot on.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
1/3/23 Bracketology

MEN
#1 Kansas vs. #16 St. Francis (PA) / Eastern Illinois ----- Des Moines, IA (MIDWEST)
#2 Houston vs. #15 Colgate ----- Birmingham, AL (WEST)
#3 Texas vs. #14 Indiana State ----- Denver, CO (SOUTH)
#4 Baylor vs. #13 Liberty ----- Albany, NY (EAST)
#5 Iowa State vs. #12 Dayton ----- Orlando, FL (WEST)
#6 TCU vs. #11 Utah / Utah State ----- Denver, CO (WEST)
#6 West Virginia vs. #11 Charleston ----- Greensboro, NC (EAST)
#7 Kansas State vs. #10 Maryland ----- Birmingham, AL (EAST)
#10 Oklahoma vs. #7 New Mexico ----- Sacramento, CA (MIDWEST)
#11 Oklahoma State / Penn State vs. #6 North Carolina ----- Des Moines, IA (MIDWEST)

• Wow
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
1/3/23 Bracketology

MEN
#1 Kansas vs. #16 St. Francis (PA) / Eastern Illinois ----- Des Moines, IA (MIDWEST)
#2 Houston vs. #15 Colgate ----- Birmingham, AL (WEST)
#3 Texas vs. #14 Indiana State ----- Denver, CO (SOUTH)
#4 Baylor vs. #13 Liberty ----- Albany, NY (EAST)
#5 Iowa State vs. #12 Dayton ----- Orlando, FL (WEST)
#6 TCU vs. #11 Utah / Utah State ----- Denver, CO (WEST)
#6 West Virginia vs. #11 Charleston ----- Greensboro, NC (EAST)
#7 Kansas State vs. #10 Maryland ----- Birmingham, AL (EAST)
#10 Oklahoma vs. #7 New Mexico ----- Sacramento, CA (MIDWEST)
#11 Oklahoma State / Penn State vs. #6 North Carolina ----- Des Moines, IA (MIDWEST)
It will never happen, but wouldn't that be something...

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
You could argue throw all big 12 teams in a jar and drawing them out 1 at a time.... the 1st team drawn is 1st place, the 2nd team is 2nd place, etc... and this is how the conference shakes out after the reg season is over.
There are so many possibilities who can finish first and last. Nothing should surprise us.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You could argue throw all big 12 teams in a jar and drawing them out 1 at a time.... the 1st team drawn is 1st place, the 2nd team is 2nd place, etc... and this is how the conference shakes out after the reg season is over.
There are so many possibilities who can finish first and last. Nothing should surprise us.
It seems that way today, but I'm guessing (like football) it will sort itself over the next month or so into the three customary tiers. WVU is a good example of what looks like a troubled program, not deserving of its ink at this point in time.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Predicting conference standings after one game and especially in this league is quite the take lol....way too early to tell. Kansas is probably the clear favorite but they'll take some losses (hopefully to us)

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Predicting conference standings after one game and especially in this league is quite the take lol....way too early to tell. Kansas is probably the clear favorite but they'll take some losses (hopefully to us)
Most have played 12-13 games. I believe it's enough to know Ku is good, Texas is talented, Baylor has slipped, and WVU is sick.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This WVU publisher is pretty solid in both sports, he's fair and I often find myself in agreement with his weekly rankings.

I love watching this ISU team play, but there’s no chance they finish 3rd in this league. People need to relax and let this play out for a bit.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It will never happen, but wouldn't that be something...
Definitely would be something. The challenge is some of the teams near the bubble are going to lose quite often, if the teams in top 4 to 6 continue to win ... Only way I could see getting all 10 is if it clusters a little more toward the middle -- top seeds being 3 line then continuing to last-four-in/First Four.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I love watching this ISU team play, but there’s no chance they finish 3rd in this league. People need to relax and let this play out for a bit.
That's not what he's measuring. He's basing this on what the team have done to this point time, not where he expects them to finish.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Need to prove we can consistently score, both at home and on the road, before I'd put us at 4.

With that said we are WAY ahead of where I'd thought we would be. Grill is better and more consistent. Lipsey has been amazing and might be the difference in having 3-4 more losses at this point (than if was simply a struggling frosh getting 10-12 mins a game). I think the team as a whole is jelling better than I thought they would.

Outside of generalizations (need more offense), I think the ceiling rides on Osun, Lipsey, King, Kalscheur (more offensive consistency than he's had at ISU) and protecting the defensive glass (as a team). I feel like Osun can't be a greater offensive weapon, both in transition and (especially) the pick and roll, particularly when Lipsey is on the floor. If Lipsey can (gradually) show a little bit of an outside threat it should make defenders honor the perimeter and open up the lane a bit more. I've really liked what I've seen from King on the defensive end and think he helps in being able to defend multiple positions and clean up our zone, which hasn't been that effictive (but becoming moreso) when deployed. Finally the team needs to show the mindset and tenacity Grill had against Baylor on the defensive glass as we've given up too many attainable rebounds, namely in our two losses.

Lots of ifs here but I think the plausibility of each happening individually is much greater than it was to start the season. After a rough start that might have been the best our offense has looked in the Otz era.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I feel like there's just a bit less talent in the leauge this year than most recent seasons.

And I wish ISU had more of a Brockington type this year for late in the shot clock.

For whatever reason college basketball on the whole feels like that and so did college football.

Maybe it's the NIL/transfer/Covid year mixed into it.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Lmao, Texas gives up 58 points in one half. That must be that elite defense and culture that Tyrese wanted to be a part of.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
For whatever reason college basketball on the whole feels like that and so did college football.

Maybe it's the NIL/transfer/Covid year mixed into it.
It's almost been like a trend over the past decade though. I've been chalking it up to a combination of;

1 - Guys that would normally provide the role job transferring and the studs then having to do more they aren't necessarily capable of handling.

2 - Parity amongst a larger group of top tier schools that's created more of a sort of P1 vs P2 already, thus why I think everybody feels like the Big 12 for instances is incredibly balanced top to bottom while the lesser leagues don't have as many schools hitting above their belt as they used to. With realignment and NIL, who knows if that shifts upwards again to say just the SEC and Big 10.