"Aggies to Secede" - Blogpost

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
KU can't go without KSU

If there is no Big XII, KU has no leverage.

It is in the Big East's interests to have ISU over KSU in the scenario that KU and Mizzou are going as well. Therefore, that's what they will want. KSU will have no leverage in that situation to stop KU from going anywhere if the Big XII is no longer a viable conference.

I have confidence that we are in a better position than KSU if **** hits the fan. Still, I'm not convinced that it will.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think it's just assumed that KU and KSU are tethered together. Don't forget that most of the guys who start these rumors are completely spitballing.

Kansas politics ain't Texas politics.

If you take KSU over ISU when you already have KU, you're straight up leaving 3,000,000 people on the table for your network's coverage. No conference would do that if they didn't have to.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
hawkfan,

I know this is a big part of your life but most people here (including me) will simply ignore rumors from aTm. You're going to have to bring something originated in SEC land by a non Aggie.

This may come as a surprise but if Texas A & M does NOT get their way they will be moving onto the southeastern conference....

A & M is in ongoing talks with the SEC and I see both the Aggies and the Sooners leaving at the same time....

Time will tell but you got it here first....:rolleyes:

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I think my IQ drops 7 points every time I spent 30 seconds skimming through one of these idiotic realignment threads.

I'm clearly in the negative by now.

Reactions: aauummm and CyBobby

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
This may come as a surprise but if Texas A & M does NOT get their way they will be moving onto the southeastern conference....

A & M is in ongoing talks with the SEC and I see both the Aggies and the Sooners leaving at the same time....

Time will tell but you got it here first....:rolleyes:

Nice, the guy who clearly huffs Pam cooking spray 8 hours a day has broken the earth shattering news.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
You would think Big East would go to 14 teams by adding Baylor (a natural rival for TCU) and then Mizzou, ISU, KSU, and KU. That's for more logical.

Creed

Mar 14, 2011
Fort Dodge
If this happens and the big east does expand, do they end up getting rid of all the basketball teams? (Notre Dame, Marquette, Villanova)

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
i have always said if the money was there or even close to the same as the Big XII I would jump in a second, but I fear its not going to be close

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
You would think Big East would go to 14 teams by adding Baylor (a natural rival for TCU) and then Mizzou, ISU, KSU, and KU. That's for more logical.

What part of Waco, TX - Columbia, MO - Ames, IA - Manhattan & Lawrence, KS to the Big East sounds logical to you?

Call me a little old fashioned if you want, but if I'm ever watching a team from Kansas play a team in Connecticut or a team from Oklahoma play a team in Washington in conference games, I'm done with CFB.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Definitely a lot of buzz on the net today regarding this. Feels like it has more substance today. I believe ATM move is likely. We'll see.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
i have always said if the money was there or even close to the same as the Big XII I would jump in a second, but I fear its not going to be close
How do we know that? More population base, the current Big East schools plus the addition of ISU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Baylor, and TCU or the current Big 12? A new Big East and Big West may be the biggest footprint out there. Set up the same subscription package as the Big 10 and the money for a Big East/West conference could be huge.

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
What part of Waco, TX - Columbia, MO - Ames, IA - Manhattan & Lawrence, KS to the Big East sounds logical to you?

Call me a little old fashioned if you want, but if I'm ever watching a team from Kansas play a team in Connecticut or a team from Oklahoma play a team in Washington in conference games, I'm done with CFB.
Well college football is about to change in some fashion.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
How do we know that? More population base, the current Big East schools plus the addition of ISU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Baylor, and TCU or the current Big 12? A new Big East and Big West may be the biggest footprint out there.

dont have any idea just a guess...if it is close I am all for it

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
How do we know that? More population base, the current Big East schools plus the addition of ISU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Baylor, and TCU or the current Big 12? A new Big East and Big West may be the biggest footprint out there.

Biggest downside besides money will be loss of Texas recruiting as it is obliterated by the SEC.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Who are the major players in the Big East? Do they compare to Oklahoma & Texas? No? That's how there isn't more money. You have an accounting degree. You should be able to understand this with ease. Who can get more for a product: Russell Athletic (biggest pull of the Big East) or Nike (Texas/Oklahoma)?

The Big 10 has that footprint because they have the top guns in each of the states they occupy.

WVU: Top school in tiny state
UConn: Top school in tiny state
Pitt: Penn State takes over
Syracuse: Biggest school in NY
USF: Let's see: Miami, Florida, Florida State
Louisville: Kentucky is top dog
Cincy: Ohio State is top dog by a LONG shot
Rutgers: Top school in a tiny state
TCU: Texas and aTm definitely above. No idea on Baylor or Tech

Last edited: