"Aggies to Secede" - Blogpost

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, I know. Lots of rumors below, but under the "where there is smoke, there could be fire" doctrine, I thought I'd post this.

Aggies to SECede? « The Blog Hawgs

I'd be much more willing to believe this stuff if the rumors weren't stating that TAMU was trying to play in the SEC in 2012....I simply cannot even imagine the logistical nightmare that would create one month away from the season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Im surprised it took this long for this to make it here. Rumors flying around various sites all morning.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
All rumors posted today (and retweeted/quoted) came from subscriber-based sites....coincidence? I think not. They want $$$ from new subscribers and that's all.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
These rumors are going to keep popping up until either:

A) They actually go to the SEC

or

B) The LHN gets changed to the Big XII Network.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

or

C) football season starts so sites have something worthwhile to talk about.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
All rumors posted today (and retweeted/quoted) came from subscriber-based sites....coincidence? I think not. They want $$$ from new subscribers and that's all.

I do agree this seems highly unlikely...especially given the "getting a 2012 schedule lined up" rumor.

No way the SEC would change their entire schedule less than a month out from the season.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008

or

Isn't in the contract that the LHN can't be the Big XII network?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah, I know. Lots of rumors below, but under the "where there is smoke, there could be fire" doctrine, I thought I'd post this.

Aggies to SECede? « The Blog Hawgs

I'd be much more willing to believe this stuff if the rumors weren't stating that TAMU was trying to play in the SEC in 2012....I simply cannot even imagine the logistical nightmare that would create one month away from the season.

hawkfan,

I know this is a big part of your life but most people here (including me) will simply ignore rumors from aTm. You're going to have to bring something originated in SEC land by a non Aggie.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I do agree this seems highly unlikely...especially given the "getting a 2012 schedule lined up" rumor.

No way the SEC would change their entire schedule less than a month out from the season.

The 2012 schedule is 13 months away. The 2011 schedule is 3 weeks away.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Isn't in the contract that the LHN can't be the Big XII network?

More along the lines that Texas can't develop or join another network:

LHN.jpg

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
So what makes this round of rumors any different than all the other rounds of rumors that say the exact same thing about the exact same subject that have been popping up periodically over the past 14 months?

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
Honestly, it tool a year and a half for Nebraska and Colorado to leave. They gave their notice in the summer of 2010, and still had to play out the whole season with the Big 12. Does anyone think that A&M can pull a wink and a nod and be gone by next year?

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
So what makes this round of rumors any different than all the other rounds of rumors that say the exact same thing about the exact same subject that have been popping up periodically over the past 14 months?

The guy who posted this one has a pic of two young, scantily-clad Aggie ladies sharing a close embrace on his website.

I haven't seen that on any other site yet, so there must be something to it.