Alabama Basketball - Murder Investigation

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
The report also states that his vehicle was one of the two vehicles used to block the street that the victim's car was parked on, allowing the gunmen to approach the vehicle. Coupled with the fact that he delivered the gun to the gunmen, it certainly doesn't seem like a "wrong place wrong time" type of situation.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Did he know what the gun would be used for.

If you're roommate asked you to bring him his hunting rifle, and then later your roommate used that hunting rifle, would you be criminally responsible?
If your friend called you from a club at 1:00am and asked you to bring him his rifle and give it to him outside the club, would you?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Brandon Miller has allegedly been tied to a shooting on the Tuscaloosa strip last month involving another player from the team, per an investigator’s findings released today.

He is a major contributor to the men’s basketball team this year in Tuscaloosa at 18+ ppg, with over 30 minutes per game and is likely one of the best players in the SEC right now.

Hard to believe a “wrong place, wrong time” statement really covers the full situation. Feels like the coach’s response isn’t enough here, especially considering he’s continuing to let him play.

If Miller was a second string guy averaging 5 ppg, he'd probably have been off the team same time Miles was.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
This occurred at 1:45 in the morning. Name one good reason you'd need a gun brought to you at 1:45 in the morning.

Even if he's not criminally liable, the coach making him out to be some hapless bystander is nonsense and it's only being done because he's the best player on a Top 5 team. If this guy was a scrub he'd have been kicked off the team.

Maybe for protection? Its a fair point, but there could be reasons for it. I think what really matters is figuring out what Miller actually knew.

I'm just pointing out a possibility.
That's not even close to the situation at hand.

I'm just saying that if Miller knew what he wanted the gun for, then he should be charged with a crime and suspended. If he could legally carry the gun and his friend could legally carry the gun and he didn't know what it was going to be used for, then I don't think he really committed any crime.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The report also states that his vehicle was one of the two vehicles used to block the street that the victim's car was parked on, allowing the gunmen to approach the vehicle. Coupled with the fact that he delivered the gun to the gunmen, it certainly doesn't seem like a "wrong place wrong time" type of situation.
Yeah, he is directly involved and should have been charged as an accessory to murder. I have a feeling I know why he wasn't.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
If your friend called you from a club at 1:00am and asked you to bring him his rifle and give it to him outside the club, would you?

Depends. What if the message went like this?

"Hey man, when you come pick me up from the club and drop me off at my girlfriend's house, could you bring my hunting rifle so I don't have to go back home this weekend to grab it?"

If I was already planning to go there, I would probably take it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

"Hey man, when you come pick me up from the club and drop me off at my girlfriend's house, could you bring my hunting rifle so I don't have to go back home this weekend to grab it?"

You can read the article. There are texts referred to.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

"Also it's a handgun not a hunting rifle and oh by the way could you also barricade her car for me after you deliver the gun? That'd be swell."

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering

You're giving a drunk guy a gun to take to his girlfriend's place? That's also not the wisest decision.

Hestia_Abnegation11

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that Oats has been admonishing schools (Missouri here) about students heckling the players about it, saying,

"If people want to be ignorant and say things that are completely out of line ... this isn't a case where somebody got in some light trouble," Oats said Friday. "These are serious matters. There is a 5-year-old that doesn't have a mother anymore. This is not, to me, something students should be joking about. If somebody does happen to say something, I told our guys 'You've got to be strong enough, tough enough, to just say we're here to play basketball.'"

Meanwhile, he knew (or at least likely knew) full well what the actual facts were is incredibly ****** and damning. I'd be flat out irate if I were an Alabama fan at this point, and would have been weeks ago. This reeks of a desire to be 'good' at basketball and allowing an accomplice to a murder to continue to play on your basketball team. Sick. The NCAA should throw the hammer down on Alabama if their Athletic Department won't have the guts to do it themselves.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
You can read the article. There are texts referred to.

Can you point me to the article that references the specific text messages?

This does seem shady as hell. The police have more information than we do. I think its less likely that there are shady cops trying to cover things up and more likely that they don't know intent, but I could be wrong, certainly.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Maybe for protection? Its a fair point, but there could be reasons for it. I think what really matters is figuring out what Miller actually knew.

I'm just pointing out a possibility.

I'm just saying that if Miller knew what he wanted the gun for, then he should be charged with a crime and suspended. If he could legally carry the gun and his friend could legally carry the gun and he didn't know what it was going to be used for, then I don't think he really committed any crime.

It's ok to admit you had no idea what they alleged happened and just sit this one out.

Again, even if it doesn't amount to criminal liability the act of providing a murderer with a murder weapon should at least get you some time on the bench. But hey, important stuff like a national championship is on the line so whatever, right?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Can you point me to the article that references the specific text messages?

This does seem shady as hell. The police have more information than we do. I think its less likely that there are shady cops trying to cover things up and more likely that they don't know intent, but I could be wrong, certainly.

Sorry it wasn't text it was dialogue when they arrived.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron