Alabama Basketball - Murder Investigation

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Brandon Miller has allegedly been tied to a shooting on the Tuscaloosa strip last month involving another player from the team, per an investigator’s findings released today.

He is a major contributor to the men’s basketball team this year in Tuscaloosa at 18+ ppg, with over 30 minutes per game and is likely one of the best players in the SEC right now.

Hard to believe a “wrong place, wrong time” statement really covers the full situation. Feels like the coach’s response isn’t enough here, especially considering he’s continuing to let him play.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Brandon Miller has allegedly been tied to a shooting on the Tuscaloosa strip last month involving another player from the team, per an investigator’s findings released today.

He is a major contributor to the men’s basketball team this year in Tuscaloosa at 18+ ppg, with over 30 minutes per game and is likely one of the best players in the SEC right now.

Hard to believe a “wrong place, wrong time” statement really covers the full situation. Feels like the coach’s response isn’t enough here, especially considering he’s continuing to let him play.

What a bunch of morons

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he's just a witness. Would be no reason to suspend him and I could totally describe that as being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He may not have known his passenger had a gun.

Edit: I should have ready more.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Maybe he's just a witness. Would be no reason to suspend him and I could totally describe that as being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'll admit this is worded in a very confusing manner, but it looks like he brought the gun to him:

1677010211739.png

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

Can't vouch for its validity, but this part sounds very bad at face value. For Oats, a fireable offense if true and he knew it.

"Investigators believe Miles provided the gun and that Davis fired the shot that killed Harris. Culpepper testified that Miles gave Davis the gun while the two were in the back seat of Miller's car. According to Culpepper, Miles texted Miller and Miller brought Miles' gun to the scene."

• Agree
Reactions: ruxCYtable

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Can't vouch for its validity, but this part sounds very bad at face value. For Oats, a fireable offense if true and he knew it.

"Investigators believe Miles provided the gun and that Davis fired the shot that killed Harris. Culpepper testified that Miles gave Davis the gun while the two were in the back seat of Miller's car. According to Culpepper, Miles texted Miller and Miller brought Miles' gun to the scene."

Did he know what the gun would be used for.

If you're roommate asked you to bring him his hunting rifle, and then later your roommate used that hunting rifle, would you be criminally responsible?

Reactions: agentbear

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

If you're roommate asked you to bring him his hunting rifle, and then later your roommate used that hunting rifle, would you be criminally responsible?

This occurred at 1:45 in the morning. Name one good reason you'd need a gun brought to you at 1:45 in the morning.

Even if he's not criminally liable, the coach making him out to be some hapless bystander is nonsense and it's only being done because he's the best player on a Top 5 team. If this guy was a scrub he'd have been kicked off the team.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Presumably they were going to the bars or at the bars

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering

Edit: I should have ready more.
lol, yeah you should have xD

If my friend asks me to bring him his gun while he is out on the town or right before going out, there is very little chance I'd be doing that particular favor at that particular time. If nothing else, it's just not a smart thing to do.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

That's not even close to the situation at hand.

Reactions: clone52