Alison Lacey on Wheaties box

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
I missed this along the way, but my super Alison Lacey fan and daughter picked up on it right away in HyVee. She's on the front of the box with last year's WNBA Championship team. Even gets a short mention in the text on the back.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
(crickets)...........
{nobody cares about girls sports}

Odd thing to post at 1:30 AM less than two hours after the previous post in this thread.

If "nobody" cares about ISU WBB, then "nobody" cares about any ISU sport that isn't FB or MBB. WBB is #3 in average attendance, total attendance, and ticket revenue at ISU.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008

cyclonefever1

Jun 5, 2011
Ummmmm. that guard sure looks like Sue Bird

Not sure they would feature an unknown bench-warmer like Lacey. (and I love Alison Lacey)

Lacey had an awful season shooting as a rookie reserve last year, and is now in her home town this past winter/spring in Australia playing more mediocre basketball.

I hope she gets her act together

I hope you get your act together.
Lets talk about the mediocre life that you apparently live if you have time to sit on here and talk like that about someone you don’t know.Its very easy to sit back as a spectator and make comments about what people should do. Your life is obviously not in the public eye so we dont have the opportunity to make posts about your performance.

Im going to go ahead and assume your performance with whatever you do in your life is mediocre. Im sure it is easy for you to sit on here and ridicule young people but perhaps you should take the time you put into this message board into something else. All the athletes at ISU are young and are learning.

How dare anyone on this website talk negatively about them. You have NO idea what is going on with them in their real lives (not the lives you see in the media) Maybe the next time someone feels like discussing performance in a negative way, when they themselves have no idea about the individuals they are talking about.. perhaps you could think about how you would feel if there was a message board about your performance where people could discuss it having little to no information about circumstances.

Reactions: simville02 and bos

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Lets talk about the mediocre life that you apparently live if you have time to sit on here and talk like that about someone you don’t know.Its very easy to sit back as a spectator and make comments about what people should do. Your life is obviously not in the public eye so we dont have the opportunity to make posts about your performance.

Im going to go ahead and assume your performance with whatever you do in your life is mediocre. Im sure it is easy for you to sit on here and ridicule young people but perhaps you should take the time you put into this message board into something else. All the athletes at ISU are young and are learning.

How dare anyone on this website talk negatively about them. You have NO idea what is going on with them in their real lives (not the lives you see in the media) Maybe the next time someone feels like discussing performance in a negative way, when they themselves have no idea about the individuals they are talking about.. perhaps you could think about how you would feel if there was a message board about your performance where people could discuss it having little to no information about circumstances.

Wow! Quite a first post! You go fever1!

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD

Yes, how dare anyone critique an athlete's performance. Let's all sit around and talk about sunshine and rainbows. It's not like this is a discussion board or anything.

Whether you agree with the above poster or not, it's certainly a valid opinion. The poster was not insinuating that Alison is a bad person, simply suggesting that last season she did not exhibit the capability to play at the top level. That opinion is tough to argue, considering the amount of playing time she was able to get, and the statistics posted during those times she did play. We're all Cyclone fans and hope for the best, but I strongly doubt any athlete playing professional basketball would consider 4-35 shooting "successful". Alison is young, and has some learning ahead of her. To insinuate otherwise is simply not seeing the big picture.

I see this is your first post. Are you familiar with the workings of message boards? Because if you're going to react this way to other things on this board, I'd have to tell you that this is pretty mild. If you get this worked up over a comment like that, you may want to avoid the rest of the board, lest you succumb to shock.

Reactions: iahawkhunter

cyclonefever1

Jun 5, 2011
Yes, how dare anyone critique an athlete's performance. Let's all sit around and talk about sunshine and rainbows. It's not like this is a discussion board or anything.

Whether you agree with the above poster or not, it's certainly a valid opinion. The poster was not insinuating that Alison is a bad person, simply suggesting that last season she did not exhibit the capability to play at the top level. That opinion is tough to argue, considering the amount of playing time she was able to get, and the statistics posted during those times she did play. We're all Cyclone fans and hope for the best, but I strongly doubt any athlete playing professional basketball would consider 4-35 shooting "successful". Alison is young, and has some learning ahead of her. To insinuate otherwise is simply not seeing the big picture.

I see this is your first post. Are you familiar with the workings of message boards? Because if you're going to react this way to other things on this board, I'd have to tell you that this is pretty mild. If you get this worked up over a comment like that, you may want to avoid the rest of the board, lest you succumb to shock.

I am well aware of how a messageboard works. I am also aware that the post was not insulting Alison Lacey as a person, just her performance. I cant react in any way I would like. Was I worked up? I dont think so, maybe just stating a fact from a different point of view. Anyone who doesnt like my posts which will be standing up for the athletes may want to avoid reading them. The only point I was trying to make was next time all you people who love to write negative things on these forums, maybe step back and realize how you would feel if your performance and some parts of your life were put up on a discussion to write about.

When funnily enough most people who are posting on these boards have little to no athletic capability. What these athletes do is hard, and until you experience everything they go through you have no right to criticize them.

It is very easy to sit in the comfort of our own homes and say things about other people. No one knows what it is like to be in another persons shoes. Therefore maybe we should not comment so harshly and instead sit back and think about how we would feel if we were on the receiving end of these comments.

I understand this is what message board is about, and this is what people want to discuss. I have sat back and read these forums for many years, and finally I could no longer sit back and allow people to comment on people whom none of you really know anything about. These athletes who are actually REAL and YOUNG people need someone to stand up for them. Maybe this is a little too serious of a post, but people have to realize that these athletes are aware of these forums and until you can fo their job better than they can , perhaps keep your opnions to yourself or even better not be so cowardly and post it on a message board.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes, how dare anyone critique an athlete's Alison is young, and has some learning ahead of her. To insinuate otherwise is simply not seeing the big picture.

Big Picture is Alison was one of the top WBB player's ISU has produced and the highest drafted. A poor rookie WNBA performance in her debut on a team of supers stars and championship team is that the big point you are defending because its so apparently honest to do so?

Not to change the subject, I don't see you posting here much, if ever. Your legacy may then be to point out that despite beloved and successful Lacey's legacy was she had a rotten WNBA rookie season then moved to another league.

Thank goodness there are people who can see the pure, honest facts and point them out to us that follow the women's game closely.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Big Picture is Alison was one of the top WBB player's ISU has produced and the highest drafted. A poor rookie WNBA performance in her debut on a team of supers stars and championship team is that the big point you are defending because its so apparently honest to do so?

Not to change the subject, I don't see you posting here much, if ever. Your legacy may then be to point out that despite beloved and successful Lacey's legacy was she had a rotten WNBA rookie season then moved to another league.

Thank goodness there are people who can see the pure, honest facts and point them out to us that follow the women's game closely.

I follow the ISU women's team very closely, and really, I think you all are being way too touchy about what was said. Maybe it's something with the women's fanbase, because I doubt people would have gotten quite so worked up about somebody saying the same thing about Craig Brackins (and you very easily could). Truth is, her admittedly young pro career is disappointing compared to what we saw her do at Iowa State. Everybody is hoping she turns it around and flourishes at that level, including the poster some of you are flying off the handle at.

cyclonefever1

Jun 5, 2011
I follow the ISU women's team very closely, and really, I think you all are being way too touchy about what was said. Maybe it's something with the women's fanbase, because I doubt people would have gotten quite so worked up about somebody saying the same thing about Craig Brackins (and you very easily could). Truth is, her admittedly young pro career is disappointing compared to what we saw her do at Iowa State. Everybody is hoping she turns it around and flourishes at that level, including the poster some of you are flying off the handle at.

All I am trying to say is that no one on here is a student athlete or a professional athlete so therefore it might be an idea to step back and think before you are so quick to pass judgement and post comments. Until you are in the shoes of an athlete you have no right to really say anything. This has nothing to do with Alison Lacey and her performance but everything to do with young athletes and people on message boards leaving comments when they have zero to little knowledge of really what is going on in these young people lives. Call me touchy if you would like, but it is all too easy to sit back and talk about performance when you're sitting on the sideline watching. People have a right to their opinion, I just think before people start talking about mediocre performances they should know all of the facts and circumstances. Until you can do a better job and have been in the same position as the athletes I dont think you have much ground to talk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron