All About Cameron Lard

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I decided to make a thread discussing the biggest mystery piece of the Men's Basketball team right now. Does anyone have an inside track on his skillset, how he is picking up the ISU system, and what kind of game plan we have for him? From what I can tell, he was going to be much more highly touted on the recruiting trail but due to academic ineligibility, wasn't able to play his senior season. I do expect some rust but also having him at semester last season is a benefit for learning the system with extra practices.
His recruiting profile for reference
http://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Lard-75132?Institution=12175
Had offers from Cinci, Mississippi St, Oklahoma St and interest from many other programs.
With us missing on SJ, and our backup options being both either not really posts or sit out transfers, ISU really needs Lard to be ready or Young will have an enormous amount of pressure to stay in the game. Probably will anyway.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I thought for sure something bad happened.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
16240.jpg

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think this Beverly kid will provide us with some early in the year minutes and see his roll reduced once Lard get's some practice and game action. Obviously Lard is probably the better athlete and overall basketball player but Beverly brings Rebounding and toughness.

Can't wait to see how good he is. I don't expect much early but I hope he has a Solomon Young type first year. Work his way in to the system and then show us something near the end to get excited about.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Promising prospect. I was excited to see what he could do in a supporting or reserve role next year, but he may get more time than that. He looks fairly coordinated and capable, with a surprisingly good shot, but we'll see if it translates to games.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I get the feeling that even more high profile teams would have come calling if not for the potential academic hurdles. I think he's going to be really, really good as a Cyclone.

There were rumors other big programs were in contact. He also didn't get the full evaluation due to his lack of play in front of scouts his senior year. Still with all that was a top 150 player, and now has a year under the staff to practice and conditioning.
The silver lining with the Juiston news is we get to see Lard and Kosongo. Both are similar in age and rankings coming out so there may not be a real drop off if they play to their potential. (actually Lard and Kosongo had much better offers too)

Reactions: isutrevman

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
Having seen him play pick up ball with some of the other players (basketball and football) at Lied, I think he'll fit that 4 better than Solomon. Really smooth athlete with a good handle and jumpshot, especially for a guy his size. There's some big guys you see that are really stiff and robotic, but he's pretty fluid.