All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
No problem:

8. G KYLER SCHOTT, IOWA
Schott, who walked on for Iowa in 2017, was only a couple of games into his 2020 season before suffering an injury that knocked him out of a few games. He returned to the guard rotation as a non-starter for Iowa’s final three games. Still, Schott was a top-notch pass protector. He posted an 87.4 pass-blocking grade and allowed just one pressure, which was a quarterback hit by Purdue edge defender George Karlaftis on a stunt.

Schott's pass-blocking grade and pressure rate allowed were both top-three best marks by a Power Five guard. And while he saw minimal snaps last season, it was a continuation of success from 2019, when he ranked 16th among Power Five guards in PFF grade.

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
He was HM All Conference last year and you guys have 6 All Conference teams lol
Iowa media jump over themselves to grovel at Kirk’s feet to vote Iowa players to all Big 10 teams. For crying out loud one of them voted Tyler Goodson for Heisman. How ridiculous.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
QB: Purdy
RB: Hall
RB: Goodson
TE: Kolar
WR: Hutchinson
WR: Milton
OL: Linderbaum
OL: Newell
OL: Downing
OL: Schott
OL: Ince
DL: McDonald
DL: Enyi
DL: VanValkenburg
DL: Lee
LB: Rose
LB: Vance
LB: Campbell
DB: Hankins
DB: Johnson
DB: Eisworth
DB: Young

Punter: Taylor
Kicker: Assalley
Returner: Charlie Jones

Pretty darn accurate..... especially coming from a Hawk fan. Good job!

I do think Schweiger is one of the top 5 OL if you're looking at the top 5 OL regardless of position.... similar to how Linderbaum and Newell both make your list.... so I'd take Ince off and add Schweiger.

Campbell/Hummel is a coin flip IMO. Hummel was probably better last year, but Campbell has more potential.

And then I'd take Young off and put Kyle in.

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
After week 1:

OL: Schweiger (Though Britt looked really good and will be tough to keep off by seasons end)
DL: Mcdonald
DL: Lee (Van Ness was a dawg though for Iowa)
LB: Hummel
CB: Moss
CB: Johnson
S: Eisworth
S: Young

P: Taylor
K: Assalley

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
After week 1:

OL: Schweiger (Though Britt looked really good and will be tough to keep off by seasons end)

So did Jack Campbell single handedly stop Indiana’s offense? Like 30 tackles?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
After week 1:

Honestly, Downing played like crap. Granted it was the first game and he is coming back from injury, so if you had left him off this week I would have understood. Newell even looked a little rusty at times.

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
Honestly, Downing played like crap. Granted it was the first game and he is coming back from injury, so if you had left him off this week I would have understood. Newell even looked a little rusty at times.
I didn’t see how he did. I know he’s a pretty good player, so I guess just give him benefit of the doubt. I think Britt could definitely be on this list by years end. He was very very good on Saturday.

• Informative
Reactions: SouthernCy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Newell puking probably had something to do with that.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I know Safety is a stacked position in the state but Belton needs to be on any list. He can be a star/cash or safety but he's probably Iowa's best defensive player right now

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I know Safety is a stacked position in the state but Belton needs to be on any list. He can be a star/cash or safety but he's probably Iowa's best defensive player right now
Our*

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron