All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Updated:
QB: Purdy
RB: Hall (He has not looked good, nor has Goodson)
TE: Kolar
TE: LaPorta
WR: Hutchinson
WR: Jones
OL: Downing
OL: Newell
OL: Linderbaum
OL: Ince
OL: Britt

DL: McDonald (He is a menace)
DL: VanValkenburg
DL: Shannon
DL: Enyi
LB: Rose
LB: Campbell
LB: Jacobs
CB: Hankins
CB: Johnson
S: Eisworth
S: Young

K: Shudak
P: Taylor
Returner: Jones
Get a little more consistency from JR Singleton and he will be on there. A few plays he more than held his own against Linderbaum, even beat him once or twice.

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
Get a little more consistency from JR Singleton and he will be on there. A few plays he more than held his own against Linderbaum, even beat him once or twice.
Yeah, but for the most part Linderbaum was dominant. Shannon was really tough in the middle the other day.

criticalobserver

Apr 22, 2018
Mar-A-Lago
Rose is a very good linebacker. Hall is a very good running back.

I think it is obvious Jacobs could end up being really, really good. Not so obvious perhaps is Luke Lachey.

That was two pretty good football teams yesterday. Both developmental, and both with some warts, but a lot of football left to play. I'd suggest anyone stating otherwise has no idea what they watched yesterday.

The 2019 game isn't the best measure due to injuries, but ISU's 2021 team I think is better.

Anyway, mostly pointless observations and arguments. Both teams really, really need some games to fix some things, and Iowa is fortunate to get to work on deficiencies after two wins that most wouldn't have expected. No one knows, but it is quite possible the ISU loss in retrospect might turn out to be the best thing that could have happened.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Rose is a very good linebacker. Hall is a very good running back.

I think it is obvious Jacobs could end up being really, really good. Not so obvious perhaps is Luke Lachey.

That was two pretty good football teams yesterday. Both developmental, and both with some warts, but a lot of football left to play. I'd suggest anyone stating otherwise has no idea what they watched yesterday.

The 2019 game isn't the best measure due to injuries, but ISU's 2021 team I think is better.

Anyway, mostly pointless observations and arguments. Both teams really, really need some games to fix some things, and Iowa is fortunate to get to work on deficiencies after two wins that most wouldn't have expected. No one knows, but it is quite possible the ISU loss in retrospect might turn out to be the best thing that could have happened.

I think Lachey will be our next 1st round TE. Great measurables, can block, athletic, great hands.

Reactions: Cyqeout

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
RB: Goodson/Hall
FB: Pottebaum
WR: Hutchison
OL: Schott

DL: McDonald
CB: Moss
S: Belton
S: Koerner

HC: Ferentz
DC: Phil
OC: Toss up

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

That's bait.gif

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021

You have 12 on offense. Take out Pottebaum. And ISU gets Eisworth on the list. I can see them not having Young over Belton and Jack.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You have 8 players from Iowa on offense lol

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
You have 12 on offense. Take out Pottebaum. And ISU gets Eisworth on the list. I can see them not having Young over Belton and Jack.
Don't think you can leave any Iowa defensive back off the list at this point. Forcing Both Purdy and Penix to have their worst single-game passer ratings of their careers. Phil Parker can flat out coach!

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
Don't think you can leave any Iowa defensive back off the list at this point. Forcing Both Purdy and Penix to have their worst single-game passer ratings of their careers. Phil Parker can flat out coach!
I hadn't heard that stat. I guess that settles the Heacock vs Phil debate. Phil is a top 5 DC, and probably the best ever at Iowa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron