All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I know Safety is a stacked position in the state but Belton needs to be on any list. He can be a star/cash or safety but he's probably Iowa's best defensive player right now
Special team's gunner?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
After game one.... I'm honestly not sure that ISU deserves to have anyone starting on the OL list. None of our guys could even open a hole all day long against UNI..... not good at all.

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
After game one.... I'm honestly not sure that ISU deserves to have anyone starting on the OL list. None of our guys could even open a hole all day long against UNI..... not good at all.
It’ll be interesting to see how Iowa’s DL does Saturday. I was very impressed by them against Indiana.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Game 1 is almost always rough for offensive line. Minus a big play early Iowa had few open holes Saturday as well

It wasn't rough though for all those other top 25 teams that were putting up 40+ pts on defenses much better than UNI.

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
Game 1 is almost always rough for offensive line. Minus a big play early Iowa had few open holes Saturday as well
Still think that the playcalling in the run game wasn’t as sharp as it could have been. Didn’t seem like BF made much of an effort to get Goodson out in space after the first TD.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Just a thing here about a pet peeve. I see people talking about save a long run for so and so all the time, I have even done it in the past. But long runs are part of the game and a reason why those backs are in there. A long TD for Breece, Goodson, Brock IKM whatever should count just as much as a -5 yard sweep IMO.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Just a thing here about a pet peeve. I see people talking about save a long run for so and so all the time, I have even done it in the past. But long runs are part of the game and a reason why those backs are in there. A long TD for Breece, Goodson, Brock IKM whatever should count just as much as a -5 yard sweep IMO.
It does count of course its actually more important then a -5 loss but I didn't think Iowa physically dominated them upfront or played to it's capabilities is point I was making

Reactions: Thinker

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Still think that the playcalling in the run game wasn’t as sharp as it could have been. Didn’t seem like BF made much of an effort to get Goodson out in space after the first TD.
Noticed Brian didn't call a counter during the game. With the way Indiana's ends were crashing on the off tackle zone would have went for a good gain. We busted a few great runs last year on those after running off tackle hard for a couple quarters.

Reactions: IowaLoud

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Us ISU fans should be the last ones using the excuse of.... "well if it wasn't for that one or two big plays".

Breece Hall last year had tons of games where he broke one or two really long TD runs in games, but other than that didn't do a whole lot. I didn't hear any of us ISU fans saying after those games..... "wow, if it wasn't for Breece breaking a couple big runs, we would have lost.".

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I think the comment speaks to the efficacy of the run plan outside of the big play. You certainly can't negate the yards/points but there is a bit of "rest of the story" when you have 99 yards and 60+ are on 1 play. It is not a knock against Goodson.

IowaLoud

Jun 1, 2021
Updated:
QB: Purdy
RB: Hall (He has not looked good, nor has Goodson)
TE: Kolar
TE: LaPorta
WR: Hutchinson
WR: Jones
OL: Downing
OL: Newell
OL: Linderbaum
OL: Ince
OL: Britt

DL: McDonald (He is a menace)
DL: VanValkenburg
DL: Shannon
DL: Enyi
LB: Rose
LB: Campbell
LB: Jacobs
CB: Hankins
CB: Johnson
S: Eisworth
S: Young

K: Shudak
P: Taylor
Returner: Jones

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Here’s my updated team.

Would take ISU’s entire starting lineup except Purdy. Put Dekkers in his place. I also take the ISU coaching staff.
Tom Manning might frustrate you more than Brian.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Us ISU fans should be the last ones using the excuse of.... "well if it wasn't for that one or two big plays".

Breece Hall last year had tons of games where he broke one or two really long TD runs in games, but other than that didn't do a whole lot. I didn't hear any of us ISU fans saying after those games..... "wow, if it wasn't for Breece breaking a couple big runs, we would have lost.".

Yesterday we saw two elite rush defenses. TGood was bottled up really well, was impressive D.

Reactions: IowaLoud

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Updated:
QB: Purdy
RB: Hall (He has not looked good, nor has Goodson)
TE: Kolar
TE: LaPorta
WR: Hutchinson
WR: Jones
OL: Downing
OL: Newell
OL: Linderbaum
OL: Ince
OL: Britt

DL: McDonald (He is a menace)
DL: VanValkenburg
DL: Shannon
DL: Enyi
LB: Rose
LB: Campbell
LB: Jacobs
CB: Hankins
CB: Johnson
S: Eisworth
S: Young

K: Shudak
P: Taylor
Returner: Jones

Just put the entire Hawks back 7 on the list and this would be right. Creating 7 TO in 2 games vs a top 20 team and a top 10 team. Yeah, just put them all on the list.