Always the worst day of the year

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
The day after out last basketball game is always so depressing. I have to wait how long before our next game? Oh well, at least the dreadful day came a week later this year.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
154 days until football season.

Until then an entire summer of ridiculous off-topic threads here on CF

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Now begins the long summer of our discontent

There's a few basketball games to watch in the next week but since we're out of it they won't hold our full attention. Spring football is going on but that is hardly even an appetizer and even that will soon be gone. And it'll be months until Baseball starts to get interesting at all.

Now begins the doldrums of the sporting calender. The next four months are going to suck.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Yeah, it's my least-favorite sports day of the year, that's for sure.

I've realized that even if ISU would win the tournament, I'd still get to "that day," it'd just take a week or so.

Favorite sports days:
1. First Thursday & Friday of NCAA tournament
2. Selection Sunday
3. First ISU basketball/football game.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
It is so long until Cyclone football season...I think I'll drive up to the Spring Game this year to get my Cyclone sports fix. The basketball team did a great job keeping me excited about ISU all winter long. Couldn't have asked for a more exciting team after a good end to football with KU & WVU games, but overall a disappointing 2013 football year. Can't wait until next year as I'm sure all the players can't either.

aute19

Sep 30, 2011
I'm finishing up my time at Iowa State in the next several months. As sad as I am to see basketball season and my time in Ames go, I have to say that this has been one of the most fun, most exciting college basketball seasons that I have experienced.

So, as go Melvin and DeAndre, so do I; nevertheless, I'm excited to watch this program grow from wherever I may be in the future.

Last edited:

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
as a cubs fan, I love this time of year. The cubs haven't been eliminated from the playoffs yet.

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
The worse part is the neighbors are no longer afraid to fly their hawkeye garbage now. Two houses on the street are now hanging flags that haven't been up in awhile.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Honest to god, I was legit sports depressed after the season ended last year. Like it kind of killed me for a week.

Today I feel pretty good. Too many great memories and lucky breaks (they made a lot of their own luck, but still...) to get too upset about it ended with a 28-8 record in the Sweet 16.

I suspect though that in a few days I'll be ready for another game and that's maybe when it will hit me.

I've found that the Cap City League actually is a pretty good basketball fix for a couple of months. Get through April and May and then we have a couple of months of basketball again.