Ames Lager

CycloneGourd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2020
Altoona Hyvee had some around noon today my wife picked me up a couple sixers! There was still 5 or six flats there then!

Reactions: CYCLNST8

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The Hy-Vee Asbury location in Dubuque is fully re-stocked. Just checked less than an hour ago (and picked up a couple more 6ers)
I appreciate people posting these when they find some, but I'm guessing there's a 99% chance that by the time it's posted, read, and someone goes there to attempt to find the Ames Lager, it's already sold out.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I appreciate people posting these when they find some, but I'm guessing there's a 99% chance that by the time it's posted, read, and someone goes there to attempt to find the Ames Lager, it's already sold out.
You could be right. Just from my 5 or so years of living in Dubuque though, I very seldom see ISU fans out and about, or at least ones who are public about it. People wearing ISU t-shirts, hats, ISU flags in peoples yards, ISU personalized license plates etc. You never know, AL may not go as fast out here. That said though, they may not be bringing as much product in either, compared to other places, so could be what you're saying is correct.

Reactions: isutrevman

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I think what you are saying is somewhat true for the Des Moines area, but probably less so anywhere else in the state

Reactions: isutrevman

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I doubt Charlie would ever carry that or more than a couple craft beers...
I think he'd be willing to if demand warranted it. Whenever I was back home I used to stop in and talk to him about any craft beers he had on his shelf. I think he'd be willing to stock more but no one buys them.

(although I'm guessing the post that started this conversation was just a reason to say Sac Liquor - I drove by that place for years and never connected the humor in the name until I saw it posted on college humor)

Reactions: CycloneDaddy

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I grabbed some in Ankeny today based on something that was posted in this thread.

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
University liquors in West Des Moines has some left as of right now. Don’t think most people know about this spot

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and DSMCy

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Still nothing in Southern Iowa. Clonefest sold out in a day. We thirsty down here. Swarm is stacked up everywhere.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Second round of drinking Ames Lager tonight and it’s much easier to drink. Not sure the difference

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Is there anywhere in Ames that still has any on the shelves? Looked in east Hy-Vee and they didn’t appear to even have a spot for it by the West-O beer.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Certainly reached out and asked all the larger brewers. They were not interested in alienating half the state essentially. Or were not prepared to get something spun up in time for Football season. West O has been a great partner and is invested in Iowa State’s success. Appreciate everyone’s support. Supply will get better in the weeks ahead!

I concur. I've talked to the West O bosses. These guys really care about the Ames Lager product. I have been very impressed at what they have done so far. It will be interesting to see how sustained the demand is after this initial rush . . . which has been very fun to watch!

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Is there anywhere in Ames that still has any on the shelves? Looked in east Hy-Vee and they didn’t appear to even have a spot for it by the West-O beer.
I’ve talked with the east hyvee guys. They definitely carry it but it sounds like when they get it, it vanishes quickly. They told me their last shipment was gone in an hour or 2.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Certainly reached out and asked all the larger brewers. They were not interested in alienating half the state essentially. Or were not prepared to get something spun up in time for Football season. West O has been a great partner and is invested in Iowa State’s success. Appreciate everyone’s support. Supply will get better in the weeks ahead!
I think this should be noted by every cyclone fan. The larger brewers were asked and declined due to not wanting to alienate half the state. Screw them. They just alienated the other ‘half’ of the state by declining.

Cyclone fans should support all West O products. Not a fan of
lagers, they have other great options.

Go Cyclones!

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I think this should be noted by every cyclone fan. The larger brewers were asked and declined due to not wanting to alienate half the state. Screw them. They just alienated the other ‘half’ of the state by declining.

Cyclone fans should support all West O products. Not a fan of
lagers, they have other great options.

Go Cyclones!
The West O Smoked Red is really good and I have been drinking that for years.

Reactions: cycloner29