And the winner is......

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
And I agree, Ingram would look pretty pedestrian playing for most teams - not to mention he looked pedestrian several times this season (i.e. against Auburn).

Look at my stat below. He wasn't pedestrian at all. Averaged over 6 yards a carry and only had 2 poor games. One of which he got hurt during.

Watch the kid run. Fanatastic center of gravity/balance. Bounces off tacklers and runs hard

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
If Suh is to win I think that he has to take the great lakes region if he does that who comes in 2nd will be very interesting as im not sure Gerhart will win another region.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Look at my stat below. He wasn't pedestrian at all. Averaged over 6 yards a carry and only had 2 poor games. One of which he got hurt during.

Watch the kid run. Fanatastic center of gravity/balance. Bounces off tacklers and runs hard

I didn't say he didn't have talent - I just don't find him deserving this year. I actually like several RBs more than him talent wise - Lewis at Pitt, Gerhart and several others. Ingram has a much better shot at the NFL than Gerhart but Gerhart had the much better season in my eyes.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I would love to have a "pedestrian" running back like Ingram on our team.
Nothing can take away from what Suh and Gerhart did this year, but to belittle Ingram is just foolish.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I didn't say he didn't have talent - I just don't find him deserving this year. I actually like several RBs more than him talent wise - Lewis at Pitt, Gerhart and several others. Ingram has a much better shot at the NFL than Gerhart but Gerhart had the much better season in my eyes.

I agree that he shouldn't win it. Suh should IMO. I wouldn't call him mediocre like some have in this thread.

And I think Ingram is 1,000X better than Lewis at Pitt. Lewis is shifty but is slow in the open field and doesn't breat near the tackles.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Lewis reminds me of Barry Sanders - Ingram doesn't remind me of any NFLer that has had a stellar career.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Convince me there aren't 5 other RBs would woundn't have put up similar numbers to Ingram in that offense and behind that line, or Ingram's back up for that matter. Is Ingram even the best player on his team?

Besides....
Heisman winner = 50% preseason hype + 25% playing for an undefeated team + 25% actual in-season performance

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Convince me there aren't 5 other RBs would woundn't have put up similar numbers to Ingram in that offense and behind that line, or Ingram's back up for that matter. Is Ingram even the best player on his team?

Besides....
Heisman winner = 50% preseason hype + 25% playing for an undefeated team + 25% actual in-season performance

So your saying McCoy?

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Should be between Gerhart or Suh definitely. Suh is probably my top choice, but Gerhart is that kind of running back that doesn't seem to get knocked over very easily. There are some out there that rely solely on their speed to distance themselves from defenders, but the more impressive ones go right at the defender and knock them clean over.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
So your saying McCoy?

Most likely to win is McCoy or Ingram.

Who do I think should win...Suh over Gerhart.

If you took anyone of the finalists off their team, which team is least likely to have performed as well as it did? I say Suh is the most valuable to his team (and in no way, shape or form am I a kNU fan)

McCoy's NFL career will rival Gino Toretta, Andre Ware and David Klingler's.

Last edited:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Strongly disagree. He is much more deserving than Tebow and even McCoy. In his 5 games vs rated teams he went:

Ole Miss 188 yards 1 TD
Florida 189 yards 3 TD's
LSU 174 yards
South Car 269 yards 1 TD (they were ranked at the time)
Va Tech 185 yards 2 TD's

Those defense are WAY better than the defenses that Gerhart had to rush against

Yeah, well he's also playing on a team with an offensive line full of 4 and 5 star recruits.

Put A-Rob on that team and I don't think his numbers would be all that different. There are probably 10 or 15 D1 RBs that would put up similar numbers this year.

I'm not saying he's not a great running back, just that he's not heisman great.

Then again, the Heisman is a pretty stupid award anyway. I wish they would change it to "most outstanding offensive skill position player on a really good team" award.