Andie Malloy

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Just read something on volleytalk about her not being listed on the roster anymore. Searched the directory and she's not listed as a student........anyone know what's going on? She was awesome last year, that would be a huge loss.

terryleebr

Apr 10, 2006

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
What! She was awesome as a Frosh and seemed to be huge player for the future. Coach just noted an incedible high retention rate. Andie must of flaked out, got home sick or had "non-specified" off court troubles. Hope she did not slip to Texas.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
CW, any insider information? I know you are busy covering the football but I just hope she doesn't leave the program.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Yep she was homesick and didn't really fit in with the rest of the team.

Hopefully the Freshman or RS Fr are ready to step up.

Malloy was really versatile but it didn't sound like they were interested in a 6-2 anyway.

Still a TON of talent on this team.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Hopefully the Freshman or RS Fr are ready to step up.

Malloy was really versatile but it didn't sound like they were interested in a 6-2 anyway.

wow, really? I guess you never really know what's going on behind the scenes. She was a phenomenal player, will miss getting to watch her this year.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ah, crap. Been having a bad work week and came here over lunch for some uplifting fun Friday stuff and read this. :sad:

Wow, all freshman team and I figured her to be a BIG part of our team the next threee years.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Ah, crap. Been having a bad work week and came here over lunch for some uplifting fun Friday stuff and read this. :sad:

Wow, all freshman team and I figured her to be a BIG part of our team the next threee years.

same, was really excited to see her play this year. Kuhrt and Capezio are the other two OH's........hopefully they're ready to jump right in!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
wow, really? I guess you never really know what's going on behind the scenes. She was a phenomenal player, will miss not getting to watch her this year.
Agree - she started as an OH on the USA junior national team, playing alongside teammates from Stanford, Nebraska, etc.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Agree - she started as an OH on the USA junior national team, playing alongside teammates from Stanford, Nebraska, etc.

I believe she was one of the few Under Armour all-Americans we've signed also. Definitely extremely talented and could've really helped this team.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
I just happened to look at the roster a couple days ago, and she was still on it then. Wow! Seems very sudden. Really, really, really liked her style of play, and really, really expected her to be a major contributor this season. Not only hitting, but setting and playmaking. Big loss.

Hate to imagine it, but this could dramatically affect the season.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I just happened to look at the roster a couple days ago, and she was still on it then. Wow! Seems very sudden. Really, really, really liked her style of play, and really, really expected her to be a major contributor this season. Not only hitting, but setting and playmaking. Big loss.

Hate to imagine it, but this could dramatically affect the season.

I looked on twitter and saw a couple vague tweets directed at her (including one of Nebby's superstar twin players) from last week, so I'm guessing that's when something changed.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011

Homesick, who knows and always possible, but there didn't appear to be a team chemistry problem. Strange though, because she has travelled the country and the world playing volleyball, and played with many different types of players.

Probably my favorite returning player, was lots of fun to watch.

Hope she ends up happy -- she seems like a really nice person.

So... does this create an opening, and maybe a sign, that Hannah Willms really should come back and add some depth to OH?? She was a fun player to watch too.