Andie Malloy

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
The statement can be translated into different meaning. You may think that she implies that her former ISU teammates are not "holy enough" but you also don't see her throwing her former ISU teammates under the bus.
If that's what she really wants: going to baptist school, that's fine with me and being young, sometimes people don't know what they want to do or not - they will try to get experience.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
-Andie Malloy, talking about the Baylor volleyball team

Yeah, I'm sure that was the draw for Britney and the rest of the WBB and MBB players. Joking aside, I know Baylor offers mission trips for their athletes among other things. I know my daughter's friend who was on the VB team the last three years went to Africa with most of her team and several other athletes.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Holy cow people, let it go. She decided to transfer within the conference, and is not getting the extra year of eligibility she petitioned for, so what's the big deal? If Baylor is more comfortable to her, best of luck as she moves on.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And we close the book on this with "And in the end everyone lived happily ever after."

(Modern translation = "Everyone happy, happy happy")

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
she hardly threw them under the bus.

She was homesick and wanted a different environment than what she had at ISU. Again, I don't think there is a large Baptist contingency at ISU, so that was probably hard on her to not have something that is a huge part of her life easily available. That + severe homesickness = bad times.

Calling a 19 yr old girl two-faced for a decision that will hopefully make her much happier isn't necessary, imo.

Besides, out of this we've gotten to watch some great volleyball out of Capezio.........maybe that's just how it was all meant to work out!:smile:

If she wanted to be at Baylor, that's great and she is doing what she needs to do. The article paints a picture of someone who showed up on campus with out talking to anyone because she wanted a more religious atmosphere but yet also mentions top ten programs were after her the minute they heard she was looking to transfer. Not sure why top ten programs could contact her but Baylor couldn't. Also, there is no reason for a big 12 team to do an unconditional release for another big 12 team to take, makes no sense and to paint it any other way than the big 12 has a rule and they followed it i- it is disingenuous to say Iowa State held her back, that's the deal, that's how it works.... She could have gone to plenty of religious schools in Texas, but not a big 12 team and play this year. Regardless, she will probably want to stay clear of the Baylor men's basketball team...

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Interesting article. Andie's story has remained the same, and you pretty much have to respect that. She said she wants to be able to talk about bible verses in class, and have others talk about such things, and unless it's a course on that subject, that's not going to be allowed in a public state university. Many different faiths are mixed at ISU, each with the freedom to express it in many ways, but probably not the way she wants to.

The story from Baylor athletics is another matter. True, it's at their website, so it's supposed to be a feel-good story for the Baylor faithful about how unselfish they are. Andie was so unselfish she gave up a scholarship. Her teammates are so unselfish because they don't resent her joining the team. Her coach is so unselfish because he didn't try to recruit her until she was on campus. Wow. A little bit of honesty might be good too. How unselfish is it to leave a team a week before the season starts?