Announcement: No Bashing Other Websites Or Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Announcement: No Bashing Other Websites Or Users

There have been posts on this site and others that are derogatory towards both other websites and their respective members. I want to remind people not to make inflammatory, derogatory, or otherwise unflattering remarks about other websites or their operators on this message board, period. While things have gone on in the past on all websites, I am taking action to remove any of this kind of action on this site once and for all. I ask other site administrators to do the same on their end. No talking about so-called "competing" websites will be allowed going forward because it never ends in anything good.

Regardless of your opinions or views of other websites or their users, I wish to keep this board completely free of any and all slanderous and erroneous remarks by all individuals. Any threads, posts, or suggestions relating to the above mentioned will be deleted by a member of the moderating crew immediately. This rule has been enforced in the past and will be aggressively enforced going forward. This is a Cyclone forum and should remain free of insults, slander or otherwise inappropriate remarks about other individuals or websites.

Thank You,
CycloneFanatic

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'm serious about this guys, the site will be shut down if all remarks about the other two sites or their members are not stopped. Obviously this isn't in reference to your reply above, but rather a rehashing of what I posted. I am so freaking tired of the bashing of sites that it's making my blood boil. This is supposed to be fun but it's becoming anything but.

9seven

Apr 15, 2006
Indianola/Boone
WE ARE ALL CYCLONES!!! Guys put any loyalty to a site aside and just realize your reading this board or any other board to learn more and just enjoy cyclone athletics!!!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Thank you. I know I personally have even made a few off-the-cuff remarks but things just need to change on the web in general but especially int he world that we have some control over. Thanks!!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
No one really gains by bashing CR on CF or bshing CF on CR. Start a blog if you're pissed off with the way things happen. It's been established that we don't want that sort of crap here. It really makes no sense to come on to a site then complain about the way things are done. If there's an issue with how information is gained, it's between whoever gets that info and wherever they got it. PM's are a heck of a tool too for that.

I'm guessing that Jeremy knows he's held to a higher and higher standard with more and more people visiting his site, and I think he knows that if what he puts up is BS, people would stop listening to him anyways.

Jay_Clone

Mar 26, 2006
Johnston
I have been a member on this site for quite awhile and dont post much. I agree with you on all accounts and have noticed what you are talking about. The main reason I love the site is because it is a place for cyclone fans to talk about the athletic teams. I love to hear about different fans reactions to things that are going on inside our programs. That is what this site is for and that is what it should continue to be.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
No one really gains by bashing CR on CF or bshing CF on CR. Start a blog if you're pissed off with the way things happen. It's been established that we don't want that sort of crap here. It really makes no sense to come on to a site then complain about the way things are done. If there's an issue with how information is gained, it's between whoever gets that info and wherever they got it. PM's are a heck of a tool too for that.

I'm guessing that Jeremy knows he's held to a higher and higher standard with more and more people visiting his site, and I think he knows that if what he puts up is BS, people would stop listening to him anyways.

Thanks CrossCyed, I appreciate it that you agree. If I'm wrong, I'm irrelevant:)

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Exactly. The forums that have been set up are both free and easy to use, so that puts them a notch above the others. I think if you were wrong on this, you'd admit it.

cychief24

Nov 7, 2006
ISUFan22-
Are you the same poster on CycloneNation that is listed as Jeremy from Urbandale/project manager age 27?
If so you have some very interesting posts at that site. Also, what a coincidence that your name is Jeremy. Small world.
Take Care!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
ISUFan22-
Are you the same poster on CycloneNation that is listed as Jeremy from Urbandale/project manager age 27?
If so you have some very interesting posts at that site. Also, what a coincidence that your name is Jeremy. Small world.
Take Care!

What's your point? C'mon...don't beat around the bush. If you have something to say, then say it. :biggrin9gp:

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
You've sparked my curiosity cychief....quite a mystery.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
What's you're answer to my question?

I took your question about me having the handle ISUFan22 on CN as rhetorical. One would think it's pretty clear...but yes, I have this handle here as well as the one (ISUFan22) on CN. Your point is?

As far as the rest of your post...why don't you answer my question?

cychief24

Nov 7, 2006
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISUFAN22 IS JEREMEY................The rest is self explanatory.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Jeremy must be going back and forth between different places to post as his alter ego, as the two have different IPs.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I guess that there can only be one Jeremy huh? Never knew it was such a unique name.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron