Another Potential Transfer?

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I guess I look at it this way, lil' Romeo is worth a ton of money. You give the kid a chance to live his dream of playing college ball, in return, he donates lots of money to the program.
If it doesn't work out this way, then you are correct, it was foolish to bring him in.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
The article says he's best friends with DeMar DeRozan. If you have to offer this bum a spot in order to get someone like that, you do it IMO.

clone11

Jul 12, 2006
What are you people talking about? This is idiotic. I open this thread thinking there is another possible transfer, and I read this crap? Nice job.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
He would help a ton with fans, recruiting, money ect..

Maybe money down the road but I don't see how a semi famous teen rapper that 90% of america couldn't name one of his songs or even know what he looks like would help with fans. Don't really see it as a recruiting benefit either, if I was a recruit I wouldn't give two bits if they had a no talent rapper who is also a no talent basketball player on the team, I would view it as a joke and a waste of a scholarship that could be used for someone that could actually help the team.

Clone 11 is correct, this is absolutely idiotic to want him here.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
He paid his own way, was a walk on.

That makes more sense and would make it not such a crazy move.

What are you people talking about? This is idiotic. I open this thread thinking there is another possible transfer, and I read this crap? Nice job.

Felt the same way.

Sorry fellas, thought it was a semi-interesting story...didn't mean to ruin anyone's day/week/month. The chances of him coming in as a transfer are about the same as ISU bringing in White, I just don't see it happening and there has been no real smoke about it...just a few message board posts (Gopher site) that started with a guy thinking Iowa was interested.

*I changed the title of the thread to hopefully prevent anyone from thinking this thread contains any real information (tried to anyway, not sure if it worked).*

Last edited: