Any Air Jordan shoe geeks out there?

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I'm not a shoe geek by any means. I have always had an affinity for old Air Jordans and just recently started trying to get some of the older ones.I think it's because the older I get the more nostalgic I become.

A guy at work recently introduced me to the damn Nike SNKRS app and I got a pair of 3s in white/cardinal last week and just got lucky this morning and snagged the '85 Georgetown 1s...really wanted those because when I was in high school that's what the basketball team wore when I was a freshman/sophomore/junior and those teams were really good so a lot of fun memories.

Wanting to get a pair of the 1s in the original red/white/black. I had a pair of white Air Force 1s when I was a freshman in high school that I colored to look just like those so it would be nice to get a "real" pair. Also want the original black 4s, had a pair of those in college and they're still my favorite shoe ever.

I really don't care about anything that came out after the 4s though.

Anyway, just wondering if there were any other Air Jordan nerds out there.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
1st generation Air Jordans came out when I was in 8th grade. Most flat-footed pair of bb shoes I ever had. Wish I'd kept them.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I've always been a boot guy and really enjoy things that are well made in general. I've recently found I like skateboarding sneakers. Have a pair of Nike SB's that I really like. Vans are what really got me into the sneakers market though.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Sometimes you can find deals on new Jordans through StockX. My 5 Alternate Bel Air’s I got for below MSRP brand new. Now I’m just waiting for more Kobe’s to go into production now that they resolved the contract conflict.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I used to have some when I was in high school and have tried them on recently and every pair seems to fit me weird now. It's like there's a very small arch on the other side of the main arch.
I've always loved the look of Jordan's.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I am not but that has to be a spendy hobby right?

Definitely. Which is why I'm done for awhile after getting 2 pairs in 2 weeks. And I don't really care about getting most of the ones that come out. There are only a select few that I want.

Looks like some people try and get almost every one that comes out and I don't know how they can do it.

Although I've heard that the secondary market is crazy and you can make serious money reselling ones that won't be re-released for awhile.

It's crazy what it has turned in to, it's essentially turned into commodities trading.

• Informative
Reactions: CyCrazy

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I picked up the Air Jordan Centre Courts. The shoes MJ was wearing in The Last Dance.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I have had zero luck on the SNKRS app. Hopefully my day comes. Had a couple lucky snags on eBay/Craigslist though. I’m with you though, anything after the 6’s isn’t for me

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I have had zero luck on the SNKRS app. Hopefully my day comes. Had a couple lucky snags on eBay/Craigslist though. I’m with you though, anything after the 6’s isn’t for me

11's and 12's are really nice. Flu Games are pretty ultimate J's.

Reactions: iacyguy

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Definitely. Which is why I'm done for awhile after getting 2 pairs in 2 weeks. And I don't really care about getting most of the ones that come out. There are only a select few that I want.

Looks like some people try and get almost every one that comes out and I don't know how they can do it.

Although I've heard that the secondary market is crazy and you can make serious money reselling ones that won't be re-released for awhile.

It's crazy what it has turned in to, it's essentially turned into commodities trading.

Side question do people . them or are the for display? I honestly have no clue on this market

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Side question do people . them or are the for display? I honestly have no clue on this market
Some people display the very rare ones. Some people wear the ones they have. Generally someone with a large shoe collection will rotate what they wear so each pair doesn’t get too much wear on them.

• Informative
Reactions: CyCrazy and NWICY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm still a bit of a sneakerhead, but nowadays it's more about comfort than style. Running shoes and AF1s for me. When I do buy Jordans it's 3s, 12s, and 13s.

Reactions: Macloney

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've still got a pair of Air Jordans that have barely been worn since the early 90's.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Have, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 18, 23s and some randoms like Spzikes, Jordan AF1 crossovers, the 3 golf shoes. It's my savings account at this point. Flight Club is your friend.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008

Help Support Us

Become a patron