Anyone discourage of what McDermott said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Yeah, I'm discouraged. I'm discouraged because McDermott should have been able to prevent this from happening from the get-go. It should have never come to this. Behavior problems like Colvin's don't just pop out of the blue. There were surely signs of what was to come before it boiled over and necessitated a three week suspension.

There's also a quote where he talked about biting his tongue one too many times and he took blame for letting the situation get to the point it got to. I think it's been well documented that Greg is still reeling from having the face of his program take off on him.

This seems to be further fallout from that situation. I'd say its a good sign he got his **** together and brought the hammer down on the kid.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
Don't be ridiculous.

Well, where's your proof, then? Please, enlighten us all with some clear evidence that would indicate that G-Mac should have known that Colvin was going to act the way he did. What were these signs that G-Mac should have seen?

Walrus

Jul 3, 2008
SeaWorld
Yeah, I'm discouraged. I'm discouraged because McDermott should have been able to prevent this from happening from the get-go. It should have never come to this. Behavior problems like Colvin's don't just pop out of the blue. There were surely signs of what was to come before it boiled over and necessitated a three week suspension.

I wish someone would have known you were a problem poster and banned you before you joined....:wideeyed:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Well, where's your proof, then? Please, enlighten us all with some clear evidence that would indicate that G-Mac should have known that Colvin was going to act the way he did. What were these signs that G-Mac should have seen?

Here's a start. Mac admitted that he didn't do enough during previous transgressions.

There's also a quote where he talked about biting his tongue one too many times and he took blame for letting the situation get to the point it got to. I think it's been well documented that Greg is still reeling from having the face of his program take off on him.

This seems to be further fallout from that situation. I'd say its a good sign he got his **** together and brought the hammer down on the kid.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
I wish someone would have known you were a problem poster and banned you before you joined....:wideeyed:
LOL.

There were obvious signs, I'm sure. Come on mods, you should have been able to prevent this guy from posting poorly.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

What's up with the low post count folks coming out of the woodwork tonight? If you don't have something of substance to post about the actual situation at hand, don't post.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Well yet another CF poster starts another thread ******** about the coach by taking something he said totally out of context. Wow you must be proud of yourself.

Some of you need to grow the **** up.......

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
What's up with the low post count folks coming out of the woodwork tonight? If you don't have something of substance to post about the actual situation at hand, don't post.

It's about quality, not quantity. Might be a foreign concept to you.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
keep it nice, folks.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Actually, I agree with neither of you. Post count does not equal credibility, and difference of opinion should not equal banning. If we need anything here, it is civility- with our coach, our team and with other fans.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
No, I want my coach to say I want my players to do whatever they want whenever they want. I think they should be allowed to walk all over me. If the reason Mac doesnt win at ISU is because he has some class and tries to do it the right way, I guess I am ok with that.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
It's about quality, not quantity. Might be a foreign concept to you.

You're right. One post out of 14 for someone who has been a member for 18 months and calls out someone else for having an opinion is quite the quality post.

You haven't responded to the fact that McDermott admitted as much in that he had let prior transgressions slide, as I stated in the post you initially questioned me on.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
No, I want my coach to say I want my players to do whatever they want whenever they want. I think they should be allowed to walk all over me. If the reason Mac doesnt win at ISU is because he has some class and tries to do it the right way, I guess I am ok with that.

Its a tough balance to keep, I'm sure. The problem with doing it this way is that fans want to win. A lot of us want the team to do it with honor, but there are many out there, the deep pocket ones, who want to win and don't care about the other stuff.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
You're right. One post out of 14 for someone who has been a member for 18 months and calls out someone else for having an opinion is quite the quality post.

Better to hold your tongue and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove any doubt.

...and this is my hundreth post. Not 14th.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
ok, nobody wants to cool it, I see. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.