Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
Add to this that we saw Campbell audition for the FB coaching job during the overtime loss at Toledo.

Do we have a similar situation this year or last...someone who auditioned for the head BB coaching job, beat us and wants to be here? That's who I'd be talking to.

Too bad the fan base has to endure sinking so low before a change is made. It's exhausting.

sorry i don’t want the florida a and m coach:).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
'94 winless season got us Dan.

'15 K State debacle got us Campbell.

Better days are ahead.

So since ISU wasn't up by 21 yesterday at half only to lose by crazy turnovers and a late 3, he's not gone?

Darn.

ThePUNisher96

Mar 14, 2019
Heard a rumor from a friend's dad that apparently a singular donor is willing to pony up the money for Prohm's buyout

No idea about the veracity of this rumor so it might just be bs but here's hoping that's true

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Heard a rumor from a friend's dad that apparently a singular donor is willing to pony up the money for Prohm's buyout

No idea about the veracity of this rumor so it might just be bs but here's hoping that's true

that's a rumor that's been going around a month or two. and it's got legs.

Reactions: erinmd32

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
If someone would have said Altman 20 years ago he’d have been run off the board. Altman is old and not coming here.
I think it’s a long shot as well, but would disagree that it’s an absolute certainty that he wouldn’t cone. After all I don’t know what motivates him. As far as his age, I could care less.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

He probably read it here. The message board rumor echo gets pretty strong when coach firings/hiring are going on.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I’ve never been a big Altman guy, but he would make a lot of sense when compared to peer coaches in the conference.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
What am I missing here? Why is Altman even being discussed? There’s a 0% chance he leaves Oregon for ISU.

There is some smoke that his people contacted ISU to express interest. I wouldn’t get too excited about it. He’s done similar things before for a pay raise.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
There is some smoke that his people contacted ISU to express interest. I wouldn’t get too excited about it. He’s done similar things before for a pay raise.
If true, then you have to question what’s going on that he would want to run away from the program he’s built. Likely would be some scandal that comes out down the road and follows him here.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If true, then you have to question what’s going on that he would want to run away from the program he’s built. Likely would be some scandal that comes out down the road and follows him here.
Doesn't he have four kids who all still live in the midwest? He's from Nebraska originally so maybe he just wants to be closer to family. Not sure what is kids status are but he has to be close to being a grandparent.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The 1994 football season was good as it finally got rid of Walden. We were all rooting for the winless season, otherwise Walden would get his couple of wins, including an upset, then somehow still keep his job. Embarrassing seasons force the university to make a much needed change.

I remember when Walden put this guy named Troy Davis in the last couple games of the season. Apparently he was pretty good or something.

Reactions: erinmd32

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Dana Altman would be a seriously strong hire for ISU. There are a couple of former B10 coaches that would continue the Johnny Orr tradition as well. A lot of solid candidates for what most would consider a plumb job. Bringing back "the mayor," however, makes no sense to me.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Dana Altman would be a seriously strong hire for ISU. There are a couple of former B10 coaches that would continue the Johnny Orr tradition as well. A lot of solid candidates for what most would consider a plumb job. Bringing back "the mayor," however, makes no sense to me.

There you have it folks. Fred is my number one choice now! Dana can eat dirt.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You thought Prohm was a good coach and that we would win a handful of Big 12 games this year after our KSU loss in Hilton.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Also, I've seen this mentioned a few times and it kind of bothers me. Is the barometer of our program the "Johnny Orr tradition"? Johnny was a good coach at the time for Iowa State, and don't get me wrong, I would take Johnny's level of success over what Prohms been able to do any day of the week. However this program has been, and can be so much better than what Johnny was able to do here.

Help Support Us

Become a patron