Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am not really sure Indiana is really competing for jobs with us here. This is just a gut feeling, so I may be totally wrong, but I feel like they will go east coast with this.
Don’t think there is any cross over

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Jamie has to be at the Cross Country nationals. Something could "leak" out I suppose.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Is Steve Alford ever going to be a possibility for them?

At one time that was Alford's goal. I don't believe Indiana has slipped far enough out of the orbit of being a blue blood to make hiring the Major possible.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Huge buyout too. Indiana certainly not using the COVID financial excuse.

Agreed - a bit surprised, but happy IU is making a move here. Have to think Dolson has his guy lined up considering the $ at play, which is around double what ISU is looking at.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
At one time that was Alford's goal. I don't believe Indiana has slipped far enough out of the orbit of being a blue blood to make hiring the Major possible.

Alford would crawl over broken glass to get to Bloomington if IU wanted to hire him.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Agreed - a bit surprised, but happy IU is making a move here. Have to think Dolson has his guy lined up considering the $ at play, which is around double what ISU is looking at.
I guess they go Rick Patino. He completed his one year of probation at Iona and is the perfect hire for a desperate program like Indiana.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I think the days of IU wanting Alford are long gone.

IMO, the only chances he really had were when Davis and Sampson were fired respectively. He probably should have been the choice after Davis, but IU was paranoid about going with a Knight disciple. That relationship has now been healed, but the time no longer seems right. IU cannot afford a mistake here, and I honestly think they will go really big and back up the Brinks truck to do so.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
IMO, the only chances he really had were when Davis and Sampson were fired respectively. He probably should have been the choice after Davis, but IU was paranoid about going with a Knight disciple. That relationship has now been healed, but the time no longer seems right. IU cannot afford a mistake here, and I honestly think they will go really big and back up the Brinks truck to do so.

For Indiana it is Brad Stevens or bust, IMO.

And I don't think they get him.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
For Indiana it is Brad Stevens or bust, IMO.
Seems completely dillusional, but ok. I know he has IU ties, but give me a break. Guy could probably have about any NBA job he wants. He's not going back to college. IU is like NU in football and doesn't realize relevance has long past them by.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron