Anyone getting new golf clubs if the snow ever melts?

DollaDollaBill

Mar 2, 2010
CR
Anyone playing or hit the new Apex irons? I've been hearing great things on added distance. Another 5-7 yards on my x20 tours would be a game changer
I’m sure they just jacked the lofts like every other manufacturer is doing so guys can say they’re hitting the new clubs a club longer than the previous gen. There’s sets that have PWs getting close to 40*

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Are we still discussing golf here?
"Went for four years, did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester he was kicked out... You know what for? He was night putting, just putting at night with the fifteen-year-old daughter of the Dean..."

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Bought the Callaway Mavrik driver in November, was able to play once with it before having bicep surgery. I can't wait to get out and play with it regularly as it is very playable!

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
No clubs this year but dearly considering a golf cart. Only dragging my feet because people think there worth there weight in gold and also debating on getting new truck as son will be driving soon and I will have to give up on of my vehicles

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I need to get my driver re-gripped but I really like the clubs I have. I only play half a dozen times a year max anyway.

I'd rather spend that money on a new paintball gun and might have already done that a month ago.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I picked up some new (to me) Ping irons last year with some Taylor made woods. I decided to stick with my old woods that I had but love the irons.

If anyone needs a lefty Taylor Made SLDR driver/woods or some old Tommy Armour irons for cheap let me know.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'll probably do this and wait for my swing to get back to normal. Getting fit with my rusty winter swing might be a mistake. Plus I have some things I want to work on first. I've said the last sentence for the last 2 decades.
Yeah definitely want to be good and warmed up.

That said, you can always get your clubs adjusted if your swing changes. I think Club Champion does life long adjustments if you get fitted thru them (as somebody eluded to, Club Champion is very expensive).

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I’m sure they just jacked the lofts like every other manufacturer is doing so guys can say they’re hitting the new clubs a club longer than the previous gen. There’s sets that have PWs getting close to 40*
The jacked lofts are more complicated than that but it is frustrating. Apex are jacked with a PW of 43* I believe. Maybe 44. Nice clubs but I'd have to get new wedges as well. I'm going to hit Srixon ZX7 and ZX5s. The 7s are pretty standard lofts.

DollaDollaBill

Mar 2, 2010
CR
The jacked lofts are more complicated than that but it is frustrating. Apex are jacked with a PW of 43* I believe. Maybe 44. Nice clubs but I'd have to get new wedges as well. I'm going to hit Srixon ZX7 and ZX5s. The 7s are pretty standard lofts.
Srixon irons are so underrated and feel/sound amazing.

Reactions: Gunnerclone