Anyone interested in KU Tix for Saturday?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
How does their seating work? Are the GA sections also where their students sit?

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I personally do not know. However, I would guess that it’s first come, first serve in any of the sections. Therefore, to be courtside, you probably would need to camp out. I will be at the bar. I am hopeful to get there an hour before tip off and get a seat in the upper corners.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
How does their seating work? Are the GA sections also where their students sit?
GA is first come first serve and is TIGHT. You do NOT want to wander in last minute, as several dumbasses do (even with groups of 4...not going to find a spot together).

Not really a bad view in the entire building. I recommend getting there, if sitting GA, early to avoid the hassle of combing for a spot. Showed up on the later end once and had difficulties finding a spot for 2.

If you've ever seen a show at Red Rocks it's like showing up late for GA with that. Not advised.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I've sat in GA quite a few times in AFH but never for a "break game" where the GA is more than just the upper corners. I was in the upper corner of GA last year and very clearly saw the missed goaltending.

Basically, it will be like attending a Women's game at Hilton as the sides are reserved and the ends are GA so it all depends on where you want to be. I would also be cautious of some of the tix on StubHub or other sites as I see some tickets listed in the GA sections(On KU's site) listed with a row on them but you are still in GA seating if you are in Section 1, 11, 12, 20, 20A, 21, 22, A, B, C, L, M, N, V or V1.

There is 1 listing for GA on Stubhub currently that is at least $35 more(after fees) than buying from KU.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Still taking applicants?
Yes. I haven’t received confirmation from everyone who was interested earlier so I was t able to call the contact at KU back before he left but plan to call and order with what I have first thing in the morning.

I’ll send you the DM I sent to everyone else now.

Last edited:

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Calling to place the order midday today. I've reached out to everyone who had interest to get their commitment so please respond to that if you haven't yet as I don't want to buy tickets for someone who is no longer interested.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Calling to place the order midday today. I've reached out to everyone who had interest to get their commitment so please respond to that if you haven't yet as I don't want to buy tickets for someone who is no longer interested.
You are simply getting the same rate as one could buy the GA tickets for online, correct? I'd like to go, but one of the kids has a game at 2 pm. On the fence, but a price break would entice.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
You are simply getting the same rate as one could buy the GA tickets for online, correct? I'd like to go, but one of the kids has a game at 2 pm. On the fence, but a price break would entice.
You're spot on. They wouldn't do a "group discount" like they did for FB but buying thru them saves the $4 per ticket fee so there's a little value in doing this.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
You're spot on. They wouldn't do a "group discount" like they did for FB but buying thru them saves the $4 per ticket fee so there's a little value in doing this.

So that's what, a third of a beer at most places now?

We went to the Baylor game, will be going to the Kstate and Mizzou games as well...might just have to sit this one out. But it's tough because the Phog is everything you want in a venue and atmosphere.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
So that's what, a third of a beer at most places now?

We went to the Baylor game, will be going to the Kstate and Mizzou games as well...might just have to sit this one out. But it's tough because the Phog is everything you want in a venue and atmosphere.
Yes, but when you need 6 tickets yourself, it saves $20 so I thought I'd see if anyone else wanted to get in on it. Plus, when we did this for FB, it saved us all about $30 each. This one didn't work out the same way but you don't know until you ask and since I put it out there, I'm gonna follow thru for anyone who wanted to join in.

Reactions: ZRF

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Yes, but when you need 6 tickets yourself, it saves $20 so I thought I'd see if anyone else wanted to get in on it. Plus, when we did this for FB, it saved us all about $30 each. This one didn't work out the same way but you don't know until you ask and since I put it out there, I'm gonna follow thru for anyone who wanted to join in.

Thanks for trying to make this happen. You are a true Cyclone Fanatic. It takes lots effort, grief, crap-taking, and financial risk on your part. We appreciate you trying to lessen the stench of The Phog by facilitating Cyclone fans to be there.

Reactions: thisISnextyear

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron