Article from the Rag on Craig Brackins and his thoughts

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Wow surprisingly insightful article from Randy. Nicely done!

And Craig regardless of what the vocal minority has to say about you know that Cyclone Nation is 100% in your corner kid. Looking forward to watching you tear up the Big XII!

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Good article. Gives some insight into what being a college athlete is all about. Keep in mind that these KIDS are doing two jobs (one in the classroom and one on the court) and are expected to do both quite well. I think people on this message board need to take a long hard look at themselves. Everyone gets frustrated and it is fair to be critical of people from time to time but some of the personal attacks are completely out of line. The in-game comments have been ridiculous the last few weeks. People should think about whether they would make the same comment if the athlete was their son, daugther, brother, sister, mother or father. I'm guessing they wouldn't.

Don't worry Craig most of the people on this board understand that you are doing all that you can and are just frustrated with the team's performance to this point. Hopefully that frustration is alleviated with a great effort and victory on Wednesday night.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
I find it interesting that Craig's Twitter page is protected from outsiders, yet the DMR felt like sharing his private thoughts. That's first class journalism...

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I find it interesting that Craig's Twitter page is protected from outsiders, yet the DMR felt like sharing his private thoughts. That's first class journalism...

He has allowed Randy Peterson to follow him, so what does he expect?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I feel bad that Craig thinks he's taking the blame for their struggles. I don't blame him at all.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Good article. Gives some insight into what being a college athlete is all about. Keep in mind that these KIDS are doing two jobs (one in the classroom and one on the court) and are expected to do both quite well. I think people on this message board need to take a long hard look at themselves. Everyone gets frustrated and it is fair to be critical of people from time to time but some of the personal attacks are completely out of line. The in-game comments have been ridiculous the last few weeks. People should think about whether they would make the same comment if the athlete was their son, daugther, brother, sister, mother or father. I'm guessing they wouldn't.

Don't worry Craig most of the people on this board understand that you are doing all that you can and are just frustrated with the team's performance to this point. Hopefully that frustration is alleviated with a great effort and victory on Wednesday night.

This exactly. This should be posted on the front page. Good job.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I know it has to tough. The spotlight was on him since he decided to come back and he hasn't has a magnificent year so far. On the other hand some of those posts bother me. As THE guy on this team he has to know he will take the blame whether it's right or wrong and he has to be able to put that aside.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I know it has to tough. The spotlight was on him since he decided to come back and he hasn't has a magnificent year so far. On the other hand some of those posts bother me. As THE guy on this team he has to know he will take the blame whether it's right or wrong and he has to be able to put that aside.

+1.

Sure, it's tough, but who else does he think people would point towards?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I love Craig. One of my favorite Cyclones of all time. There are a lot of times he is open and people don't get him the ball. He might not be open long, because teams aren't going to allow that to happen, but even if it is for a second people have to get him the ball. Now go get Texas!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He knows that, did you read the article even?

If this is in reference to my post, yes I read the article. It was pretty good. I would like to be in his shoes. A future in the NBA playing a game for a living. I can understand how he feels. The fact is he needs to get over what anyone is posting on a ****in message board. do you think he is the only player who is double teamed? Great players find a way to make it work. I think he will find a way to play the game that makes it hard for teams to focus on him without giving up something else. Yes, the rest of the team needs to help him with that.

I don't mean to bash Craig. I just want to see him play mean. I want him to get nasty out there. I haven't seen it. He has as much talent as it takes to be very successful, I just don't know if his attitude allows him to be dominant. I know he is trying hard and doing the best he can with the current attitude but I would like to see him mean just once.

This also goes for the rest of the team but since he is the face it needs to start there.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I've never blamed CB , I feel for him that his coaching staff is letting him and the team down that they are not finding a way to get him in the game. They are not finding ways to create anything for him. which is about the dumbest way to go about it. It makes it easy for any team to come in here and just take CB out of the game and we don't adjust for that!!!! Total coaching that has failed!!!

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Interesting.

I have said it before and I will say it again here...I simply do not understand those of you that will bang on the players and give the head coach a free pass. Wake up!

Craig Brackins is our best player and we are damned lucky he decided to come back this year. It is our coaching staff's responsibility to put our players in the best possible position to succeed. It is our coaching staff's responsibility to get the team to buy in and perform to their maximum capabilities.

The head coach is supposed to be in charge of the program and he is paid handsomely to do the job. Coaching is a results oriented business...you are who your record says you are. There have been plenty of posts over the last few days that clearly show how poorly we have done over the last 3.5 years relative to the previous quarter of a century in Cyclone basketball.

Those of you that continually want to bang on the players need to start shifting your focus to the one consistent element in our MBB program over the last 3.5 years...our Head Coach.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
He is about the last person that should be blamed for the lack of success this season. Feel bad for him because he put his professional career on hold / risk to come back to make a run in the tourney and his teammates and COACHES have let him down to date. They have a chance to make it right for him starting tomorrow night.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Agreed.

He is about the last person that should be blamed for the lack of success this season.

Why?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Tweet: Still smh.ppl make me mad wana blame me 4 stuff that goes on but not look in the mirror! I wish ppl would kno what its like 2 be in my shoes

Translated: Brackins continues to "shake my head" in bewilderment that some fans blame him for things that happen during games.Point guard Diante Garrett, not Brackins, threw the ill-advised pass to reserve LaRon Dendy with the Cyclones leading in the final minute against Northern Iowa.

Dendy, not Brackins, turned the pass into an air ball, which the Panthers turned into a 3-point basket while rallying for victory.
:skeptical:

I wish we could combine the athletic abilities of Craig Brackins with the leadership qualities of Austin Arnaud.