Assistants

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
We're almost 3/4 of the way of KD fundraising goal for the CROTC. Looking at bringing 6 athletes in.

I'm very excited for this summer to see how the freestyle seasons goes with the new ROTC athletes and our young studs (Storr, Parker, Gomez, Vega, Gremmel, Coleman, Colbray, Leisure, Simmons, DiBlasi) all between 18-20 yrs old!!!

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Dom Bradley, Mike Moreno, Kyven Gadson are the main ones.

Then Ben Durbin and Matt Gibson I think both are also.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Outgoing, not incoming, But Dana Vote, our director of wrestling operations this last season, landed on his feet at an NAIA school.

Little known fact about Midland is they have the highest number of student athletes of any school in Nebraska.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
This should help greatly with instate recruiting. Not gonna say I always liked him, but he never acted like some of the other Iowa guys. I see this as a good thing.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: HGoat and Scott34

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
This should help greatly with instate recruiting. Not gonna say I always liked him, but he never acted like some of the other Iowa guys. I see this as a good thing.

Actually, there were many complaints about St. John being a "dirty" wrestler from opposing fan bases if that's what you meant. He was also a "sore loser"...endearing to me but some people have a problem with it I guess. Him and Evans while they were there. He's a tough minded guy who maybe lacked some athletic ability but who made the most of his career with technique and being damn tough physically. You guys have been soft for many years which is not said to be insulting...just truth. Not going to have that problem if DSJ has anything to say about it.

Met Dresser at the NCAAs...was kind enough to take a pic with me. He came into a suite full of Hawk fans and said he looked forward to making it a rivalry again the way it's supposed to be. Congrats on Dresser and your new staff.

Cyk Aboody

Feb 20, 2017
Expect Zadick to make a decision in the next day as he was in town today. Also, heard that Metcalf will be in town tomorrow. Not sure if he is thinking about training again or coach.

Metcalf to run the RTC?! I heard that KD was looking to bring in a big name...this could be who he had in mind!

Cyk Aboody

Feb 20, 2017
Actually, there were many complaints about St. John being a "dirty" wrestler from opposing fan bases if that's what you meant. He was also a "sore loser"...endearing to me but some people have a problem with it I guess. Him and Evans while they were there. He's a tough minded guy who maybe lacked some athletic ability but who made the most of his career with technique and being damn tough physically. You guys have been soft for many years which is not said to be insulting...just truth. Not going to have that problem if DSJ has anything to say about it.

Met Dresser at the NCAAs...was kind enough to take a pic with me. He came into a suite full of Hawk fans and said he looked forward to making it a rivalry again the way it's supposed to be. Congrats on Dresser and your new staff.

75% of all Hawkeye fans are obnoxious douche bags, which is not said to be insulting...just truth. Keep your homesick ass on your own board.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
How about a staff that looks like this...

Head Coach - Kevin Dresser
Associate Head Coach - Mike Zadick
Assistant Coach - Derek St John
Volunteer Assistant - Tony Ramos
CROTC Head Coach - Brent Metcalf

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

I'll be disappointed if he brings in Ramos. Not the culture I'd like to see him build. Wouldn't be thrilled with Metcalf either but Metcalf has reportedly mellowed as he got older so I'd be somewhat willing on that one.

I don't care if he hires all Hawks, but I do care if he hires mini Brands guys. That's not the type of leader I'd want in the room.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015

Wouldn't mind seeing Kyven, Reader or some other upper weight coach mixed in. The light/mid weights are definitely covered.

Congrats to coach St John. Welcome aboard.

• Agree
Reactions: csteve

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Now that is the only fact I know about Midland.

Midland has 1400 students. Since 2009, the institution has added 15 varsity sports to create the state's largest athletic department which includes over 850 athletes. Midland sponsors a total of 29 varsity sports and 12 JV programs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron