Audi Crooks sweeps Big 12 weekly awards

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Audi Crooks has swept the Big 12 player & freshman of the week awards.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Audi has had an incredible Freshman season. I love the passion she displays on the court!

One thing I've noticed... She doesn't complain to the refs after every call or non-call! ;)
And her smile is friggin contagious!

We're lucky with both of our mens' and womens' teams. Audi and BRE take a beating every game, yet they both keep their heads up and keep going.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
School ball is one thing. But she had played at a very high level against top AAU teams for years. She was ready for this.

I think that she didn't play on a top tier AAU team just added credence to questions on how fast she might be able to transition to Div 1 ball. Hell, I think even the ISU coaches are surprised and you don't have to read too far between the lines to hear that from them. This is all on her and credit to her perseverance and drive to excel, things we fans can't measure watching a few HS and AAU games.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
The comment section of Murph's facebook post from yesterday regarding Clark and Crooks as Players of the week in their respective conferences is filled with a lot of disgusting body shaming from what I'm assuming are Hok fans (I don't see ISU fans saying ******** like that). It's just so ******* gross.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
School ball is one thing. But she had played at a very high level against top AAU teams for years. She was ready for this.
I know literally nothing about Audi's old AAU Team, Wolves. Were there other D1 Players on Audi's Team? Did they win tournament titles? The website says the 17U Girls Team will play in eleven tournaments - are these the shoe company sponsored events? I recall a story that Kylie Feuerbach hit a 3 point shot to win a Nike Age-Group National Title on a team which also included CC & Aubrey Joens. Was Audi also playing at that level?

I don't think she was, and that makes the story cooler. I think she could have moved to a Nike sponsored team and elected to stay local and play with her friends.

Every way you slice it, she's a great kid and I'm so pleased she's a Cyclone!!!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The comment section of Murph's facebook post from yesterday regarding Clark and Crooks as Players of the week in their respective conferences is filled with a lot of disgusting body shaming from what I'm assuming are Hok fans (I don't see ISU fans saying ******** like that). It's just so ******* gross.

I've seen the equal and worse in this forum from ISU fans about opponent players and coaches. I delete the worst. You won't see those postings if I see them first.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

There was plenty of body shaming of Audi by our fans when she committed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Speaking of the Murphy posting about two Iowans getting POY in the Big Ten and Big 12 can you imagine what Iowa would be like with a 5th year Clark and a 2nd year Crooks in 2024-25 if they had landed her? Iowa made a Final Four with Czinano, a late blooming project, imagine Crooks there. With Iowa's post history I thought they might get her, seemed a reasonable destination. Man, I'm glad we won that recruiting battle.

Right now she's pretty much on track to be my favorite all-time WBB at ISU, if she isn't already.

• Agree
Reactions: ICCYFAN

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Question for the class: where do you place Audi on the list of current Big 12 Bigs?
My list:
1. Ayoka Lee (when she is healthy)
2. Audi Crooks (Am I just being a homer?)
3. Sedona Prince, didn't get to see her match-up with Audi.
4. Laura Gustin
5. Taiyanna Jackson
6. Hannah Gusters
7. Taylor Jones

Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Question for the class: where do you place Audi on the list of current Big 12 Bigs?
My list:
1. Ayoka Lee (when she is healthy)
2. Audi Crooks (Am I just being a homer?)
3. Sedona Prince, didn't get to see her match-up with Audi.
4. Laura Gustin
5. Taiyanna Jackson
6. Hannah Gusters
7. Taylor Jones

Peeps have grumped to extensively about the TCU forfeit but the biggest miss for me was I looking forward to Crooks versus Prince. With Prince injured it wasn't happening anyway. I'll at least get to see the Lee/Crooks matchup on Wednesday. Couldn't pull in the OT game in Ames in on ESPN+ when in Mexico.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ZorkClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah, her attitude is awesome.
Smiling and projecting positivity, but don't underestimate her fire. Audi is very competitive and it burns in her. You don't win state BB championships and track and field events (Shot put state record) without being as motivated as Crooks. I never doubted she'd be good, but it was wildly beyond what some thought and surpassing my top prediction.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
I've seen the equal and worse in this forum from ISU fans about opponent players and coaches. I delete the worst. You won't see those postings if I see them first.
Well, that sucks. Thanks for keeping that out of here. I don't understand why people are like that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron