Audi Crooks sweeps Big 12 weekly awards

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So now the Audi Crooks awards thread is about CC and complaining that everyone doesn’t love her?

Back to Audi, I thought she won Player of the Week but not Freshman of the Week earlier in the year, which made no sense. Having a hard time finding that though. But it seems like if a freshman was player of the week she would automatically be freshman of the week?

Maybe it's kind of like "give the other freshman a chance".

Somebody like Kevin Durant could have been freshman of the week for entire country almost every single week.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Maybe it's kind of like "give the other freshman a chance".

Somebody like Kevin Durant could have been freshman of the week for entire country almost every single week.
Yeah, was kind of thinking that but they gave her both this time. I found an article on Cyclones.com about her getting just Player of the Week I think dated 1/15 or so but did not mention Freshman of the Week. Maybe the other freshman were dubbed not worthy this week

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So now the Audi Crooks awards thread is about CC and complaining that everyone doesn’t love her?

Back to Audi, I thought she won Player of the Week but not Freshman of the Week earlier in the year, which made no sense. Having a hard time finding that though. But it seems like if a freshman was player of the week she would automatically be freshman of the week?
I have no problem with it if there are two freshmen who had nearly equal performances. But if the freshman had nobody near the level of performance, yeah give both awards to her.