B12 tournament picks ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
wait. i thought the tourny doesnt matter. retirement is boring eh
You know this is not a zero sum game. We can pick winners and losers and still believe these post season conference tournaments are little more than a money grab, right? Ku is this year's conference champion regardless of what happens in KC this weekend,.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
TCU is going to be the popular "higher seed" pick in a lot of pools.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I would not be surprised to see WVU do some damage. They'll easily take care of TTU, and wouldn't be surprised to see them take down KU and either Baylor or ISU.

I think OU gets by OSU, and think KSU ends up in the finals.

Give me a WVU vs KSU final. Not sure if WVU has the juice to win 4 straight days in a row. KSU wins it

• Love
Reactions: surly

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
You know this is not a zero sum game. We can pick winners and losers and still believe these post season conference tournaments are little more than a money grab, right? Ku is this year's conference champion regardless of what happens in KC this weekend,.
na. whoever whens the tourney is the conference champion. this is cannon

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
WVU over TTU
OSU over ou

BU over ISU
KU over WVU
OSU over ut
TCU over KSU

TCU over OSU
BU over KU

BU over TCU

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
WVU over TT
OSU over OU

KU over WVU
UT over OSU
ISU over BU
TCU over KSU

KU over ISU
TCU over UT

TCU over KU

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Lololol you're really gonna die on this hill. Every sport is a money grab.

I guess the regular season doesn't matter either because it's all about ESPN and their profits right?!?!

Reactions: VeloClone

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
na. whoever whens the tourney is the conference champion. this is cannon
This is also cannon
giphy.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm still confused why these tournaments were perfectly okay when they were preseason or around the holidays, but were suddenly "just a money grab" when the very same tournament was moved to the end of the season just like everyone else's conference tournament...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm still confused why these tournaments were perfectly okay when they were preseason or around the holidays, but were suddenly "just a money grab" when the very same tournament was moved to the end of the season just like everyone else's conference tournament...
Because we've played one another in a round-robin, rugged schedule, and a true champion has already been determined, Ku.

Preseason tournaments are just the opposite, setting up the conference schedule, not an afterthought like this postseason thingy.

It's fine. I'll watch most of the games and enjoy them. I love this conference. I just wonder how invested the teams are given what some great coaches and players - King McClure in this recent case - have said about post-season tournaments. Many don't like them. They don't see a purpose. And they believe some participants are looking beyond them.

As a side note, Baylor's coach Drew is asking K-State fans to cheer for his Bears, since the Cats on in an opposite bracket and given the coaching ties.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Because we've played one another in a round-robin, rugged schedule, and a true champion has already been determined, Ku.

Preseason tournaments are just the opposite, setting up the conference schedule, not an afterthought like this postseason thingy.

It's fine. I'll watch most of the games and enjoy them. I love this conference. I just wonder how invested the teams are given what some great coaches and players - King McClure in this recent case - have said about post-season tournaments. Many don't like them. They don't see a purpose. And they believe some participants are looking beyond them.

As a side note, Baylor's coach Drew is asking K-State fans to cheer for his Bears, since the Cats on in an opposite bracket and given the coaching ties.
Were K-State fans planning on cheering for ISU? lol

• Winner
Reactions: surly and VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron