Baby Monitor

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Howdy to all the moms and dads out there.

I am looking for a new baby monitor. I am looking for one that has pretty decent battery life and iPhone capabilities. Any recommendations? Looking to spend 150 - 250.

Thanks!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Ya no reason to spend that much on a damn monitor. The cheap ones work just fine. And lol at needed to sync up to your phone. Trust me you will hear your kids, and getting that on your phone would probably lead to harming yourself.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Were you ever in touch Erik? Heck we have the same one since the little one turned 3.5. We got a dual monitor dirt cheap when the 1 year old was born and hear and see them both on 1 camera. Mind blown!! I kid, I kid.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
We went with the Gynoii. Think it was about $80. It doesn't have it's own dedicated remote screen/monitor, you have to connect through their app. Think it works for both Android and Apple. It has audio and it automatically switches to nightvision mode when the room is dark. You can also talk to the baby and play music through the app, and you can set up guest access for the grandparents or whomever.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We have a traditional video monitor - it's our second model overall, this one has dual cameras that go on the split-screen receiver (Summer brand). Although much better than our old model that we had for our now-6-year-old, the reception is just **** in certain parts of the house. If the kids are on the second floor and we're in the basement, there are maybe three cubic feet where we get even fairly consistent reception. If you had a ranch style house, this would likely be great.

To that end, if you're looking for a video monitor, I'd go the route of one that is compatible with the iPhone. I have heard good things about the iBaby monitor: https://ibabylabs.com/

Last edited:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
https://www.amazon.com/Angelcare-Mo...&qid=1469760327&sr=1-1&keywords=angle+monitor

This is the one we got as a hand me down. I believe that they have video ones too. With all of the hacking into video/monitor feeds, I don't want one. I used it for well over a year. You can change the sensitivity setting. Then this past year, I've used it as a night light only.

The parent monitor died in the first 6-8 months, but that's just due to age I think. If your baby is on the same floor as you (and you're not in a mansion) it shouldn't be a problem.