*** Bama vs Purple Kansas ***

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
Its a strange fanbase. I've been to a few different road trips, and had the best experiences in Manhattan. But online its a complete 180.
Never been to Manhattan for a game but know a few people that have. They say the same thing. Good GameDay atmosphere and not a bunch to d**k fans saying d**k things. But online, it's almost as bad as being a Cyclone fan in Iowa City the way they act.

And their local media is trash with the amount of Cyclone hate they spew out.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Play Bama ten times and the outcome wouldn't change, methinks. Just an elite level of talent across that roster, plus Saban.

Still 10-4, B12 champions, win over CFP participant TCU, and a Sugar Bowl - I'd have taken that before the season started.

B12/SEC CFP will be a fun match-up. Easy to root for fellow-Iowan Maximus Duggan.

On to hoops ...

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Play Bama ten times and the outcome wouldn't change, methinks. Just an elite level of talent across that roster, plus Saban.

Still 10-4, B12 champions, win over CFP participant TCU, and a Sugar Bowl - I'd have taken that before the season started.

B12/SEC CFP will be a fun match-up. Easy to root for fellow-Iowan Maximus Duggan.

On to hoops ...
This result reminded me of our match up with Notre Dame in a recent Bowl game. No contest. I don’t think the difference is with the skill positions as much as the trenches. Elite lineman up and down the line of scrimmage is hard to overcome. Great season for K-State & their program (as many Bowl’s as there are, if you stay home don’t whine about other fans that make a major Bowl). Georgia will have more talent but I hope TCU’s team speed can compensate.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This result reminded me of our match up with Notre Dame in a recent Bowl game. No contest. I don’t think the difference is with the skill positions as much as the trenches. Elite lineman up and down the line of scrimmage is hard to overcome. Great season for K-State & their program (as many Bowl’s as there are, if you stay home don’t whine about other fans that make a major Bowl). Georgia will have more talent but I hope TCU’s team speed can compensate.
Spartan friend called this morning with memories of her Michigan State sending their best team to the CFP in 2015. Final: 38-0 Bama. Just another talent level than we see. 14 five star dudes, 40 or so four stars on the Tide roster. Unbelievable. And it showed.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaCyclone