BarnTown Sticky Juice

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The info came straight from the brewery from a recent trip. Also learned that their old taproom will be reopened under the name TG2.

Yeah, it's open now. Cool spot. Kinda eliminates the need to go out to the new mega taproom which you can't access without a car.

It cracks me up how time and energy Clark (the owner) wasted in trying to tell people it was impossible to keep the old tap room open under current Iowa law. There was always a work around, but that's the way that guy rolls. Blowing more smoke than Snoop.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I've heard about KS in cans, but havn't heard about FS&M. Curious where you saw that??

Brewmasta Mike on Twitter said King Sue in cans in June. FS&M in cans in July. More offerings will come to cans in the future.

When I was on the tour at the brewery, they mentioned Dragon Fandango will likely come to cans later this year. They are still figuring out the correct formula for canning it with getting things dialed in.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Yeah, it's open now. Cool spot. Kinda eliminates the need to go out to the new mega taproom which you can't access without a car.

It cracks me up how time and energy Clark (the owner) wasted in trying to tell people it was impossible to keep the old tap room open under current Iowa law. There was always a work around, but that's the way that guy rolls. Blowing more smoke than Snoop.

Did they remodel the inside and do they serve more than just TG beer?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Did they remodel the inside and do they serve more than just TG beer?

Yes to both counts. It's a much more modern decor/look inside. They didn't radically redesign it so much as brought it up to speed. The tap handles are all on the back wall behind the bar, so you don't sit at the bar and have beer being poured 5 feet away and have the tappers in your face. They redid the walls and floors and tables as well.

They had pretty much all the stuff currently on at TG, plus beers from Pivo, Backpocket, Lake Time, Reunion, Jacked Cider (out of Cascade), Dogfish Head, Boulder Beer Co, and something more domestic like Blue Moon perhaps. They're doing off-sale of TG cans and bottles and plan on adding other brands for the off sale as well.

I don't get the impression they're done quite yet, as there's some work to do on the exterior, and I know they want to expand the tap list some more as well.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
FS&M in cans in July? Sounds good to me. I will be in Northern MN for about 10 days so hopefully it's available when I am there.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Yes to both counts. It's a much more modern decor/look inside. They didn't radically redesign it so much as brought it up to speed. The tap handles are all on the back wall behind the bar, so you don't sit at the bar and have beer being poured 5 feet away and have the tappers in your face. They redid the walls and floors and tables as well.

They had pretty much all the stuff currently on at TG, plus beers from Pivo, Backpocket, Lake Time, Reunion, Jacked Cider (out of Cascade), Dogfish Head, Boulder Beer Co, and something more domestic like Blue Moon perhaps. They're doing off-sale of TG cans and bottles and plan on adding other brands for the off sale as well.

I don't get the impression they're done quite yet, as there's some work to do on the exterior, and I know they want to expand the tap list some more as well.

That sounds awesome! The new place is impressive but it’s so big and spread out that we hung out more at Pulpit for that small town personal feel. Plus Pulpit had coconut migration on tap, love that stuff.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
via twitter

"King Sue in the 16oz 4-pack can format for the first time ever! King Sue will be shipping out to distributors the last week of June 2018. King Sue currently has a rating of 100 on ratebeer, is ranked #27 of top beers on Beer Advocate and has a 4.5 on Untappd. All hail the King!"

Reactions: ZJohnson

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
That sounds awesome! The new place is impressive but it’s so big and spread out that we hung out more at Pulpit for that small town personal feel. Plus Pulpit had coconut migration on tap, love that stuff.
They still got sticky juice to buy?

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
They still got sticky juice to buy?

Not sure if they still have it on tap. I saw yesterday that beerstyles on mills civic just tapped a keg of it.
Barn Town has a new coconut-pineapple neipa coming next week.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Other people? It's beyond fad proportions. Sorry I offended your tastes lol.

More people drink Miller Lite than any IPA sold. How often do you ask yourself "What is the freaking infatuation with Miller Lite?" You didn't offend me about my tastes, I drink a lot of different styles of beers and have no problem what others drink.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
More people drink Miller Lite than any IPA sold. How often do you ask yourself "What is the freaking infatuation with Miller Lite?" You didn't offend me about my tastes, I drink a lot of different styles of beers and have no problem what others drink.
Oh, I do say this. Miller is straight garbage. I just get annoyed when I go into any bar and more than half the craft beers on tap are IPA. It's like there's no market for creativity beyond these things. How about a nice cream ale, or a decent Hefe that isn't overly clouded with fruit, or a stout that isn't Guiness?

(Having moved to Florida recently I miss Boulevard so bad it hurts me.)

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I just get annoyed when I go into any bar and more than half the craft beers on tap are IPA. It's like there's no market for creativity beyond these things. How about a nice cream ale, or a decent Hefe that isn't overly clouded with fruit, or a stout that isn't Guiness?

I get this part. My wife likes triples and it's rare to find more than one on tap.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
Oh, I do say this. Miller is straight garbage. I just get annoyed when I go into any bar and more than half the craft beers on tap are IPA. It's like there's no market for creativity beyond these things. How about a nice cream ale, or a decent Hefe that isn't overly clouded with fruit, or a stout that isn't Guiness?

From what I've been hearing that seems more like a Florida problem. The craft beer scene isn't nearly as big as it is in the northern states. Kind of strange.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
From what I've been hearing that seems more like a Florida problem. The craft beer scene isn't nearly as big as it is in the northern states. Kind of strange.

Maybe even a southern thing? When visiting Nashville I was surprised by the lack of good craft beer for such an up and coming city.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron