*** Baylor vs Sparty Cotton Game Thread ***

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Nice defelction. But I'd try to avoid insulting the intelligence of Iowa fans, when in fact Iowa is a more prestigious school than ISU.
True about the university, but not true about the fans. Most Hok fans in Iowa have never stepped foot on campus... Most ISU fans have actually attended ISU.

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
True about the university, but not true about the fans. Most Hok fans in Iowa have never stepped foot on campus... Most ISU fans have actually attended ISU.

Well that's not true in my case as a UI alum. But that's the case at a lot of places. Most people in Iowa grow up de facto Iowa fans unless they have parents or ties to ISU but not everyone can or will go to school there.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Lot of butthurt hawk fans in thus thread. You lost. Get over it. You have a bowl game tomorrow. You should be chatting with Tennessee fans.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No it isn't. Bunch of Illinois rejects majoring in English or hippie studies.

With the occasional lawyer sprinkled in here and there.

Besides, ISU is just a bunch of pig-petting farming students majoring in 'Combining'.

Neither school really contributes much to society in general. Might as well just shut everything down with exception to the Cy-Hawk series.

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
No it isn't. Bunch of Illinois rejects majoring in English or hippie studies.

Maybe to attend the renowned Iowa Writers Workshop... Illinois is more prestigious than Iowa, but yes, Iowa is more prestigious than Iowa State. You realize there are rankings for this right? It's not my opinion or hearsay, it's a matter of fact.

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
With the occasional lawyer sprinkled in here and there.

Besides, ISU is just a bunch of pig-petting farming students majoring in 'Combining'.

Neither school really contributes much to society in general. Might as well just shut everything down with exception to the Cy-Hawk series.

UI Med school

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Maybe to attend the renowned Iowa Writers Workshop... Illinois is more prestigious than Iowa, but yes, Iowa is more prestigious than Iowa State. You realize there are rankings for this right? It's not my opinion or hearsay, it's a matter of fact.

Rankings are a matter of fact?

Kind of like the best city to live in or the best basketball team?

Or do they just push the truth button when it comes to something important like college rankings?

Wait, Wait, I get it - it becomes matter of fact when they post it on the interweb?

Reactions: Bret44

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
UI Med school

...you may want to use these inter-webs pages to look up sarcasm.

To my knowledge, Splitidentity is a Hawk fan. A respectable and respectful one at that. **Of course, a filthy, rotten, no good Hawkeye fan, but still respectable/respectful.

**this is an example of sarcasm.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

This is another example of NOT understanding sarcasm. Not trying to be condescending--this is all to help out a bit.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Care to do a program by program comparison? Otherwise, prestige readings are pointless since admission standards are identical.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

In September, two marginal to bad football teams squared off in a fairly forgettable football game in Kinnick Stadium. The result was the measuring stick for the strength of the rest of their conference's teams, including the teams that haven't even been in their conference for 5 years.

What more proof do you need?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Sold points.

In September, two marginal to bad football teams squared off in a fairly forgettable football game in Kinnick Stadium. The result was the measuring stick for the strength of the rest of their conference's teams, including the teams that haven't even been in their conference for 5 years.

What more proof do you need?

Help Support Us

Become a patron