Best Beer Names

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
There are a few beers I bought just for the name -- Sweep the Leg and Adios Pantalones. They were both Texas beers. I can't remember the brewery at this moment.

515 has a blonde ale called "Beer Flavored Beer." They also currently have a pale ale called "Clever Names Are Hard." I've always thought naming beers could be fun, but I can also see where it would be easy to run out of creativity.

That and the fact with all the breweries in the country, there's only so many clever phrases one can come up with.

Maybe it's the engineer in me, but I respect how Confluence has their numbered beers. No confusion on what Batch 1344 means.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Thanks. I first had it while I was in Duluth and due to this -
View attachment 86867
- I just assumed it was a Duluth brew.
Makes sense. There's a real old lift bridge downtown Stillwater. It's now just a pedestrian and bicycle bridge as of a few years ago. Was on a show as one of the worst bridges in America haha

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Makes sense. There's a real old lift bridge downtown Stillwater. It's now just a pedestrian and bicycle bridge as of a few years ago. Was on a show as one of the worst bridges in America haha
Yeah, I remembered the Stillwater lift bridge as soon as you said that. It was still carrying traffic when I last tried to go to Stillwater. Every time I tried it was such a traffic mess I never actually went into town.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Yeah, I remembered the Stillwater lift bridge as soon as you said that. It was still carrying traffic when I last tried to go to Stillwater. Every time I tried it was such a traffic mess I never actually went into town.
Yeah the new bridge south of town has helped make going downtown much more enjoyable.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Their description makes it fantastic.

"This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory—maybe something with a multimillion-dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made at an independent brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless seltzer / fizzy yellow beer / whatever-the-hell will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multimillion-dollar ad campaigns make all that junk taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

We believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny—a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot, stupid & led by the nose social media. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant Bastard Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep the people chained in the shackles of poor taste. One glance around and it’s glaringly obvious: they’re winning...as of now. Yet we will not stop. Ever. Since the very beginning, Arrogant Bastard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant Bastard Ale…even outright attempts to copy it…but only one can ever embody the true nature of Liquid Arrogance! Hated By Many. Loved By Few."
This is their description from the collab they did with Foundry Distillery

Arrogant Bastard Ale
Arrogant Consortia - Stone Brewing

RELEASE: April 17th, 2021

AROMA: Breath it in. Savor the aroma of enlightenment.

TASTE: is subjective. In this case however, we f'n nailed it.

FINISH: Yes. Eventually...but good god, take your bloody time.

Bold, uncompromising, aggressive, intense, and subliminally sublime. Yes, raising a glass of Arrogant Bastard Whiskey will garner you all kinds of compliments. Distilled in partnership with Arrogant Consortia, the strong punch and unrelenting complexity of this unique whiskey will help the less sophisticated among us throw off the shackles of poor taste. Buck the trend of conformity and join us in celebrating this unprecedented embodiment of Liquid Arrogance!

Last edited:
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Best: Barn Town's Firmly Entrenched

1626310777147.png

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Worst: From the guys who sent the cease-and-desist letter to Barn Town for their "Firmly Entrenched."

1626311022912.png