Best sports time of the year?

Favorite sports time of year?

• Total voters

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
This is the best time of year...college football and basketball, NFL, and NBA all going on at the same time. If you sit down on a saturday or sunday afternoon and can't find any sports on tv, then you are obviously blind.

Presumably I'm blind then because I find watching sports on television to be terribly boring, regardless of what the sport is.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Well with the lack of comments backing up March Madness (yet it's in the lead), I assume that those of us who voted for that figure that everyone knows it's the best time of year and needs no other endorsement.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Tailgating is the best becasue you drink as much as possible as quick as possible, nuff said.

March Madness is a close 2nd

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
I will go with the world cup, if hundreds of millions watch the championship and well over several billion people tune into the entire thing, it is tough to go against that. After that I would go bowl season and march madness tied for second, but billions of people can't be wrong gotta be the world cup.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Most overrated has to be the Superbowl and the Playoffs. I really enjoy it, but the press it gets now is just ridiculous.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
hmmm, gotta say that my favorite sporting time is the College World Series. It's one of the last major college sports that has been destroyed by the money grubbing of the NCAA (although it's starting to get that way since they pushed the start back a day). After that it's the opening rounds of March Madness, and then any given Saturday during the fall (especially with how wacky this years college football was)

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I will go with the world cup, if hundreds of millions watch the championship and well over several billion people tune into the entire thing, it is tough to go against that. After that I would go bowl season and march madness tied for second, but billions of people can't be wrong gotta be the world cup.

There are millions of people who walk barefoot and eat odd smelling animal guts too, do you automatically follow suit?

March Madness baby! The first four days of that tourney alone trump anything else. Hell, my wife likes the tourney! You could take everyother sport and stick it and she would celebrate but she likes march madness.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I should have put something NASCAR but I don't consider that a sport. :biggrin:

Just had to mess with the NASCAR fans.

bigredqb7

Apr 11, 2006
Milwaukee
There are millions of people who walk barefoot and eat odd smelling animal guts too, do you automatically follow suit?

March Madness baby! The first four days of that tourney alone trump anything else. Hell, my wife likes the tourney! You could take everyother sport and stick it and she would celebrate but she likes march madness.

i think what he may be trying to say is since it comes only once every four years it is the greatest sporting event/tournament in the world, no questions. to make his point he is saying that since so many people watch it this proves that it is the best. i dont think he was saying that just because so many other people watch then i will to therefore it is the best, or whatever dumb thing you said about people eating animal guts

bandit

Apr 21, 2006
College football, and to be specific, the weekend when they play conference championships.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia

Millions is a little different than the billion people that tune into the final. If 1/6 or 1/7 of the civilized people in the world are tuning into just one part of the whole event, there must be something pretty interesting about it, unlike most sports in this country where it is just us tuning it, it is the whole world, I will go with the other billion people.

Last edited:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Millions is a little different than the billion people that tune into the final. If 1/6 or 1/7 of the civilized people in the world are tuning into just one part of the who event, there must be something pretty interesting about it, unlike most sports in this country where it is just us tuning it, it is the whole world, I will go with the other billion people.

All of the sports other people have brought up are contained to North America, why would anyone else watch? Just like I don't want to watch a bunch of foreigners stand around on a patch of grass kicking the ball backwards and falling everytime someone brushes against them...

Help Support Us

Become a patron