~Best Tattoo Parlor around~

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
OK... I'm getting a tattoo!
In fact I'm getting a portrait done.
I need pic's and testimonials.
Who does the best work, and where should I get this done !?!?!
(Ames and Des Moines)
Thanx!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I have three but I got 2 at lasting Impressions in Ames and have no complaints, they were cheap and fast, and im very satisfied

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Bob at Jaded Angel is good. Have 2 from him. The other I have was crap and I got it done in Maui so don't go there ;-)

Bob is an ISU grad in art and design if that matters. I think he's also planning to open a shop up in Des Moines but don't know when.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Just curious why people dig these things?

I see them and just wonder what they're going to think of them 30 years from now.

I saw a guy Saturday night who had tatoo stripes across his face. I looked at him and thought what a waste...

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
57.jpg

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I see them and just wonder what they're going to think of them 30 years from now.

I saw a guy Saturday night who had tatoo stripes across his face. I looked at him and thought what a waste...

mine are cyclone and 1 tribal art thing which i like, but i see your point.
Mine are all in spots that can be covered and no one would know I have them, i dont like ones where you can never hide them for certain situations

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

My daughters' names on my ankle. No biggie and we'll never break up.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Go to Adam or Carrie at Bigfoot Tattoo (Urbandale and Merle Hay). I just got my family crest on my back and it looks great. Carrie did mine but I got to see alot of Adam's work there and it's really good too.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

I don't think I'd go as far as to tattoo my face, but to each their own. People have been tattooing each other for a long time; it's not some new trend.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I'll second Bob at Jaded Angel II in Ames. I've got two from him. The second one I let him design and I'm really happy with it. It covers about 2/3 of my back and took about 22 hours to complete (5 four hour sittings and 1 two hour sitting).

If you are in eastern Iowa, I'd recommend Steve at Crossroads Tattoo. The guy has done award winning work and I am extremely happy with the one he did on my right pec.

*Note: after reading my own post, I'm not unhappy with the first tat from Bob, it just doesn't have the same amount of meaning as the second one does. My tats are like my daughters - I love them all, but for different reasons.

Last edited: