~Best Tattoo Parlor around~

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
I got a portrait done at skin kitchen in des moines. Amazing, just like the picture...the owner Jack did mine! The guys are alot of fun and very cool and nice! Ill send u a pic if u would like! This is who i would reccomend tho.

Reactions: Psyclone Brian

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
Josh and Earl at Sacred Skin are both really good. I believe Josh is at the one in Clive and Earl moved back to the south side shop, but not for sure. Josh does amazing color work (and I think he said he grad from ISU!)

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I've heard nothing but good things from the place between Subway and Mickey's. Jaded Angel 2, maybe? I don't remember the name.

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha
Josh and Earl at Sacred Skin are both really good. I believe Josh is at the one in Clive and Earl moved back to the south side shop, but not for sure. Josh does amazing color work (and I think he said he grad from ISU!)

i can say, without a doubt, i have more tattoos than anyone on this board and there are only 2 places in your area worth going to. Sacred Skin (Josh and Earl) and Jaded Angel (Bob). Most of the other shops up there are garbage and would have to pay to tattoo me. Josh Bowers at Sacred Skin is by far the best in the Des Moines area, and Bob from Jaded Angel is the best up there...go elsewhere at your own discretion....

RideRdie4life

Dec 14, 2008
Kansas City
Lasting Impressions work...obviously not a portrait but if that's actually what you are having done DO NOT go cheap and quick! You will not be happy if you do. If you want it on your body forever then fork out the $$$$$ and get a good one but that's just my opinion.

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
Best portraits I've seen done in this area are at Liquid Courage in Omaha by Devin. Granted that was 5 years ago, so not sure if he is still there. Where is this Beaverdale shop?

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I recommend Dave at Mid Air & Ink downtown DSM. He specializes in portraits and you may like him as he is a huge Cubs fan ;)

Heres his link...mid air & ink
David Connor is the man at Mid Air. He is an amazing artist, has a real light hand (which make the whole process a lot easier) and is just an over all nice guy. My wife got her's done there and I don't know about all the other guys mentioned, but I always recommend David if someone is looking.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Funny story about the thread title...

I was watching a buddy get his first tat at Lasting Impressions in Ames quite a few years back. He kept calling the place a 'parlor' which didn't sit real well with the artist for some reason. So as a payback, when the guy gets done with the ink work he asks my buddy if he wants the ink set. Not knowing what was going on, and it being his first tat, he says yes. The dude proceeds to slap my buddy on the arm in the exact same location where the brand new ink was. I don't think he ever screamed like that before in his life.

The moral of the story is don't **** off the guy that has been poking you with a needle for an extended period of time.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Lasting Impressions work...obviously not a portrait but if that's actually what you are having done DO NOT go cheap and quick! You will not be happy if you do. If you want it on your body forever then fork out the $$$$$ and get a good one but that's just my opinion.

Someone help me out here I'm not seeing what this is supposed to be:confused:

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009

whats it suppose to be.