Big 12 Announces $440 million distribution to 10 member teams

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
How the hell did it not get stolen?
It's such a unique item that a would be thief would have to hide it away in a barn and never be able to show/use it. So it fails the risk/reward test. It was there for the better part of a decade at least. I no longer see it on Google map overhead images

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
It's such a unique item that a would be thief would have to hide it away in a barn and never be able to show/use it. So it fails the risk/reward test. It was there for the better part of a decade at least. I no longer see it on Google map overhead images

If we can't get a fleet of if beer selling helmet cars then maybe we could get just one for spirit walk?

We need to win the helmet car arms race!

Reactions: NWICY and 8bitnes

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Drunk College students often make decisions that fail the risk/reward test.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I like the idea of Hawaiian tropic models wearing ISU bikinis and selling beer from golf carts or beer tubs in the lots. Jamie likes to think outside the box.... run with this Jamie!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Expanding and sharing the exit fees are two different things. Both mutually benefited from it. The additions will annually make considerably more money. They were coming anyway for primarily this reason. There’s no reason to share the exit fee money from OUT with them and who cares about compassion or hurting their feelings. Not to say they don’t matter but feelings don’t matter one damn bit in any of this realignment stuff.
Fronting the buyout is pretty common. It sounds like the Big12 didn’t do it, but it’s common to do and it’s set up that they pay it back over time.

The Big12 was literally about to collapse when the Big12 expanded and agreed to take a small pay cut for a few years while the new schools took a much smaller share(but still more than they were making). That’s one reason they agreed to let OuuT out earlier. Their buyout more than covers the difference for the original 8 until the new contract starts.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah and NWICY

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Is there a running total on the distribution/school over the last 10-20 years?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
No reason why we can't have official ISU beer carts in the tailgate lots.

Go full golf course strategy and have pretty women selling "official" ISU beers. Start tapping into that CyTown coin now.

Maybe bring back the dude from 20 years ago who sold Cy windmills too
There are a lot of “Al Bundy” types that would make that a profitable business.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I like the idea of Hawaiian tropic models wearing ISU bikinis and selling beer from golf carts or beer tubs in the lots. Jamie likes to think outside the box.... run with this Jamie!
And you also really like Boy Scouts selling popcorn at the tailgates?

Reactions: keepngoal

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
There are a lot of “Al Bundy” types that would make that a profitable business.

On a side note.

Years ago the cheerleading squad sold calendars around the tailgate lots. Cash went to support the team

I bought one and hung it in my office. Had a person come in and complain about the calendar and said it was inappropriate.

I invited her to call HR because there was nothing inappropriate about the cheerleading calendar.

Never heard from HR.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And you also really like Boy Scouts selling popcorn at the tailgates?
Years ago, Johnsonville was getting into the precooked sausage/brat market and they came to a few games and gave out a TON of them (6 packs). They legit gave our group a whole box. Each person went home with like 5-6 packs.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Years ago, Johnsonville was getting into the precooked sausage/brat market and they came to a few games and gave out a TON of them (6 packs). They legit gave our group a whole box. Each person went home with like 5-6 packs.
The pork producers offered me a brat one time a decent ways away from their tent. A person gets a little cautious with randos offering brats.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On a side note.

Years ago the cheerleading squad sold calendars around the tailgate lots. Cash went to support the team

I bought one and hung it in my office. Had a person come in and complain about the calendar and said it was inappropriate.

I invited her to call HR because there was nothing inappropriate about the cheerleading calendar.

Never heard from HR.

They still do early in the season I believe. Along with the FB shirt and then the BB season shirt in Nov.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
They are going to get over 4x what they were getting in the AAC. So starting them at 1/2 rate seems compassionate to me.
What is the payout agreement for the 4 new members, anyway?