Big 12 Announces $440 million distribution to 10 member teams

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I do like Johnsonville. Say they don't make them like hotdogs, please!

I just saw one of those YouTube videos on 15 things not to eat; hot dogs were right there.

You thought dogs would be high up on the healthy super food list?

WTF do nutritionists know?? Eat dem dogs, baby!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You thought dogs would be high up on the healthy super food list?

WTF do nutritionists know?? Eat dem dogs, baby!
That's kinda how I think. They are good and tasty. Haven't killed me yet! :) I don't eat them too often anyway!

Flynn4Heisman

Mar 24, 2006
I read on CBS Sports today that Colorado would get full share of revenue upon returning to the league.

And yet the 3 G5 schools and BYU won't get full share for at least two or three years. This has been the case since the beginning

Can someone explain why CU would get full share immediately, while the other 4 would have to wait?

P5 vs G5? Pac-12 GOR expiring next year? The 3 schools leaving G5 early before rights are up? BYU is an independent, so shouldn't they get full share immediately ala CU?

I'm confused....

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I read on CBS Sports today that Colorado would get full share of revenue upon returning to the league.

And yet the 3 G5 schools and BYU won't get full share for at least two or three years. This has been the case since the beginning

Can someone explain why CU would get full share immediately, while the other 4 would have to wait?

P5 vs G5? Pac-12 GOR expiring next year? The 3 schools leaving G5 early before rights are up? BYU is an independent, so shouldn't they get full share immediately ala CU?

I'm confused....
I think technically the new tv deal doesn’t kick in for two years—OUT are getting out one year early and the deal stays in effect—and that’s when the new four get to equal. Those four have to split OUT’s fifth of the tv money, and it has been implied that at least some of the money for them in the meantime is coming from the OUT settlement. Meanwhile, the networks apparently are willing to pay full price for Colorado, so they come in at full revenue.

Reactions: Flynn4Heisman

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

I'm confused....
CU would not have joined for anything less, and there was a pro rata clause in the Big XII TV deal to match the payout for any P5 teams added. It's a no brainer move. The only reason not to is hard feelings for CUs defection, and thats a terrible reason to not take advantage of the opportunity to destroy the PAC.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
It is also possible that because CU was a former member of the Big 12, they are considered to have “sweat equity” in our conference. It will be interesting to see if additional PAC schools get added, if they are asked to join with a reduced rate. Would be similar to what TCU and WVU and latest 4 schools experienced.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

I'm confused....
The G5 schools are only going 1 year with reduced share. Which is coming out of the 8 remaining schools portion, for that 1 year. Which is then to be repaid by OUT exit fees. Which is until the new contract kicks in.

The reason for this is there is/was no pro rata/elevator clause in the current contract. Adding a team before the end of said contract has to come out as a split of the current deal, unless the media partner agreed to give them a full share each, which being G5 schools being elevated and being it was only 1 year, no one was going to do that.

The new deal has a pro rata clause that as long as the B12 adds P5 level teams they will get a full share. At least that is what was confirmed on ESPNs part of the contract. It has not been clarified on the Fox part. Some say they didnt agree to the clause, but would have first chance to agree to pay for their part otherwise The B12 can shop for an additional partner to cover Fox's portion. The old/current contract does not have that built in. So the Irate 8 agreed to pay the 4 schools out of their portions, to give them a reduced share for the 1 year.

Either way I am sure before any school is added, Fox would agree before the addition, or another media partner like CBS etc would be already in line to cover their portion for content.