Big 12 football news and super amazing playoff contender meow ksu thread

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Surlys growing more pissed people around here think the kittens are fake news.
I wonder if Surly is also on Texas Tech or Okie State websites posting their team’s pre-season projections lol.

Also Surly, isn’t it sort of ironic that the article you just posted threw shade at Iowa State while still picking them to be better than Kansas State? You’d think a team who just severely underachieved and lost a ton of talent wouldn’t be projected by anyone to be better than Kansas State who (by your own measures) is set up to compete for the conference title?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
KSUs conference schedule is brutal. They'll be lucky to get to 4 wins in conference. They'll get to 8-5 (better then ISU last year) only because they'll get a lower bowl opponent when ISU once again jumps them in the bowl selection.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
KSUs conference schedule is brutal. They'll be lucky to get to 4 wins in conference. They'll get to 8-5 (better then ISU last year) only because they'll get a lower bowl opponent when ISU once again jumps them in the bowl selection.
Hey LSU’s JV squad was a quality opponent last year.

• Haha
Reactions: 2speedy1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hey LSU’s JV squad was a quality opponent last year.
shaking-head-gif.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Clearly you aren't aware of the number of four and five starts they had on that team!!!!!
And KSU was technically only 2 point favorites (even though by kickoff it was 9 points) so I’d just count it as an upset!

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I wonder if Surly is also on Texas Tech or Okie State websites posting their team’s pre-season projections lol.

Also Surly, isn’t it sort of ironic that the article you just posted threw shade at Iowa State while still picking them to be better than Kansas State? You’d think a team who just severely underachieved and lost a ton of talent wouldn’t be projected by anyone to be better than Kansas State who (by your own measures) is set up to compete for the conference title?
I didn't write the article. This is supposed to be B12 news.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I didn't write the article. This is supposed to be B12 news.
I’m very well aware that you didn’t write the article. Lol and I’m well aware of your schtick.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I’m very well aware that you didn’t write the article. Lol and I’m well aware of your schtick.
I've posted all sorts of articles that are favorable to both teams and most have either Texas or OU favored in the league. So, I'm not sure what evidence you have of my "schtick"?

Many times these preseason pieces aren't worth the paper they're written on, or not.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I've posted all sorts of articles that are favorable to both teams and most have either Texas or OU favored in the league. So, I'm not sure what evidence you have of my "schtick"?

Many times these preseason pieces aren't worth the paper they're written on, or not.
I’m not necessarily talking about you posting these articles I’m more talking about your overall presence on the board.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I’m not necessarily talking about you posting these articles I’m more talking about your overall presence on the board.
Recall, I had a West Point appointment out of Heelan Central Catholic but failed the physical. ISU had closed registration for the year, so I headed to Brookings which had a reciprocal agreement with Iowa at the time. I've been a State fan forever. Thus, my presence here. I've also hosted Cy fans in Manhattan.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Recall, I had a West Point appointment out of Heelan Central Catholic but failed the physical. ISU had closed registration for the year, so I headed to Brookings which had a reciprocal agreement with Iowa at the time. I've been a State fan forever. Thus, my presence here. I've also hosted Cy fans in Manhattan.
You’re an Iowa State fan??

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Just to clarify Surly’s reference to a reciprocal agreement with Iowa, this is the State of Iowa not the University. I find any dialogue with opposing fans entertaining and find value in their comments. Is Surly partial to K-State and biased in his favoritism? Of course, as are any fan including we Cyclones. They had a great run with Snyder which culminated in being a player on the national level. Kinda like the Huskers, it is hard to give that up and realize that the current edition isn’t remotely in that category. But hope springs eternal, particularly in Ames. I would just like to see Campbell figure out September and beat the Hawkeyes. A wise old coach, Johnny Orr, told Jim Walden that the Cyclone fans would never accept you until you beat the Hawks. He was right.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Just to clarify Surly’s reference to a reciprocal agreement with Iowa, this is the State of Iowa not the University. I find any dialogue with opposing fans entertaining and find value in their comments. Is Surly partial to K-State and biased in his favoritism? Of course, as are any fan including we Cyclones. They had a great run with Snyder which culminated in being a player on the national level. Kinda like the Huskers, it is hard to give that up and realize that the current edition isn’t remotely in that category. But hope springs eternal, particularly in Ames. I would just like to see Campbell figure out September and beat the Hawkeyes. A wise old coach, Johnny Orr, told Jim Walden that the Cyclone fans would never accept you until you beat the Hawks. He was right.
Assuming you visited Manhattan for a game or two, were you ever treated poorly?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Some interesting comments by the talking heads.

I'd have Tech and Baylor higher, TCU and OU lower.

Tech has some continuity with the OC still there. TCU is the opposite.
Baylor has their QB and a salty team, 7.5 seems low.
OU has new faces everywhere and a new coach. I would not be surprised to see them struggle.

And gods help me, I think KU will win more than 2.5 games...

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Assuming you visited Manhattan for a game or two, were you ever treated poorly?
Have followed the Clones to every Big 8 & Big 12 stadiums except Tx Tech, Baylor & TCU. Actually went on a Hawkeye fan bus to Manhattan when Fry gave his former assistant a favor. Of course that was in Snyder’s early years & Fry knew it was a W. No way Iowa would schedule a P5 road non con game today. K-State fans were hospitable then and at last years game that I attended, we were treated well. So I am 2-0 in Manhattan. Maybe I should tell Matt C and get comp tickets in ‘23!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron