Big 12/ Pac 12 Merger (keep all the teams)

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
There might be. We, surely, didn't think there was a cliff with OUT. And, despite, our experiences, I can pretty much assure you the Pac12 didn't think there was a cliff with UsCLA. These days 'cliffs' can come out of nowhere.
Just meant they are a guaranteed pay day at an exact amount through the end of the current contract.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
What does that TV contract look like? Yikes. Sometimes you’re better off pulling the plug on the vent. PAC needs to get their Angel wings.
Agree...say the new PAC 10 contract comes in at $300M a year...$30M per team...are SDSU and Boise worth $30M per year...nope. Now your new contract is $340M a year...~$28M per team...why would the 4 corner schools, not to mention Oregon and Washington, even sign up for that.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Agree...say the new PAC 10 contract comes in at $300M a year...$30M per team...are SDSU and Boise worth $30M per year...nope. Now your new contract is $340M a year...~$28M per team...why would the 4 corner schools, not to mention Oregon and Washington, even sign up for that.

It’s not really adding up for anyone other than Stewart Mandel and Jon Wilner. They are using fingers and toes while everyone else is using a TI-85.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
They (the two new schools) would need to agree to take less. Get the amount they are additive to the gross.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
And it sounds like Washington and Oregon are going to push for unequal revenue sharing, meaning other schools would drop even lower. I cannot imagine a scenario where the 4 corner schools would make within $5 million/year of what they'd get in the Big 12.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
And it sounds like Washington and Oregon are going to push for unequal revenue sharing, meaning other schools would drop even lower. I cannot imagine a scenario where the 4 corner schools would make within $5 million/year of what they'd get in the Big 12.
If projections for the next PAC media deal are right, the PAC could maaaaaybe come up with a model to get 2-3 schools close to Big XII/ACC money.

Washington, Oregon and Stanford are probably going to demand a bigger cut. If the Big XII is serious about even two of the four corner schools, there’s probably not enough money in the PAC to keep everyone home.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
This article that showed up from "Sooner Wire" made me laugh a bit. Basically says to take Oregon, Washington, Colorado, ASU, Arizona, Utah, and... SMU. I'm all for the first few, but I'll take a hard pass on SMU (unless it's a swap for Baylor).

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
This article that showed up from "Sooner Wire" made me laugh a bit. Basically says to take Oregon, Washington, Colorado, ASU, Arizona, Utah, and... SMU. I'm all for the first few, but I'll take a hard pass on SMU (unless it's a swap for Baylor).

SMU would be duplicative since Big 12 already has TCU and Baylor within 1.5 hours of Dallas. Seems like Memphis (with Fed Ex money?) would be a better option, but they probably wouldn't add enough value in the near future.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I never quite understand this "memphis has fedex money" take. Fedex doesnt give that much,do they? Its not Phil Knight or TBoone level of funds or passion.

I dont see how they are ever a take unless you REALLY need an even number, and a large even number at that. Like 32.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I never quite understand this "memphis has fedex money" take. Fedex doesnt give that much,do they? Its not Phil Knight or TBoone level of funds or passion.

I dont see how they are ever a take unless you REALLY need an even number, and a large even number at that. Like 32.
Smith gives like 4 MM to the conference. That’s a nice donation, but you don’t take a school over a couple hundred thousand per school.

Reactions: CascadeClone

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
We do not promote anymore G5 schools. Take other P5 schools to build us up and knockdown other P5 conferences. The less upper level competition the better for ISUs chance to remain in the future power conference (s) when they break from the NCAA.