Big 12 partnering with historic Rucker Park

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Very cool idea! That's where Jamaal Tinsley learned his street ball approach to the game. He was pretty famous around Rucker Park. In fact, that's where he earned his "Mel the abuser" nickname because of the way he abused defenders.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I’m excited about this, because hopefully it funnels recruits to Big12 schools, and thus, fans from those areas.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Can't help but laugh at this.

Almost two decades after the founding of this site and it's battle call "rather lose with integrity than win the Rucker Park way" when pushing Wayne Morgan out...................here we are.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Awesome "give back" idea by Big12. And with K-State playing at Madison Square garden and having a number of NYC kids on roster, the timing is great to announce.

Just reinforces my believe that if the time ever comes for Big12 to add teams, an east coast team will be in the mix. Whether that is a school like Syracuse if the ACC falls apart or schools like St. Johns, Villanova or Georgetown if the Big12 moves to add multiple basketball-only schools to the conference.

Reactions: surly

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Awesome idea. I'll be stoked to see how it unfolds.

Though this instantly causes nerves related to what C-Dub has expressed many times, which is Yormark trying too hard to make this conference coast-to-coast and lose some of the strength of traveling fan bases and rivalries.

Then again, the long game worked out for Pollard taking the Cyclone Tailgate Tour through "Hawkeye Country" here in Iowa. Hopefully dividends will be earned going into the Ivy League's, Big East's, and ACC's backyard and staking our own Big 12 claim.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
People who didn’t know who Fat Joe was are scratching their heads.

Help Support Us

Become a patron