Big 12 tourney thoughts/seeding

D

Deleted member 8507

So we will get the winner of the KU and BU game on Saturday. Then if we can beat either KU or BU on Thursday we get TT or KSU on Friday. I predict a very disappointed group of fanatics or one helluva party down in KC.

So the range of win/loss going into the NCAAs will be from 20-12 to 25-9. I wonder how much seed difference this would make. We would be 3-7 in the last 10 to 7-3 in the last 10. With so few games left that is a crazy swing. Could we be seeded as low as 9th with the former and as high as 3rd with the latter?

My normally optimistic self is kind of down right now but will predict that we finish 22-11, this counts on splitting this week's games and winning the first in KC. I think 22-11 gets us a 6th seed.
No, we get the loser of the KU-BU game on Saturday. The winner moves up to #3 and the loser gets #4 or #5 and has to play us.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Here are the seed scenarios. They are pretty simple:

#1 - If Kansas State wins or Texas Tech loses, KSU is #1.
If Texas Tech wins and Kansas State loses, Texas Tech is #1

#2 - If Texas Tech wins and Kansas State loses, KSU is #2.
If Kansas State wins or Texas Tech loses, Texas Tech is #2.

#3 - Kansas
#4 - Baylor
#5 - Iowa State
#6 - Texas
#7 - Oklahoma
#8 - TCU
#9 - Winner of Oklahoma State/West Virginia
#10 - Loser of Oklahoma State/West Virginia

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Looks like we'll play Baylor according to the mreds bracket generator regardless of who wins that game.

Yeah, i think only 1-2 and 9-10 are up for grabs saturday. Playing around with it, with the tiebreakers the way they are i'm not seeing anything other than

3. KU
4. Baylor
5. ISU
6. Texas
7. Oklahoma
8. TCU