Big 12 TV/Kick Times - Oct. 7

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
i know this has no bearing on anything at this current moment in time but... get ready for a lot of thursday and friday night kick offs with the new big 12.

especially now that fox doesn't carry friday night wwe
And their ratings will plummet. Good luck going against the NFL, then you have a huge part of the market gone to high school games on Friday nights.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It’s a channel that’s available on most providers.

It isn’t like our games are being relegated to Peacock like some teams in the state.
Lol, you understand FS2 is like being on ESPN+ only on FOX right?

Peacock has 22 million subscribers which is about identical to ESPN's streaming numbers so its not like Peacock is some obscure service.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Lol, you understand FS2 is like being on ESPN+ only on FOX right?

Peacock has 22 million subscribers which is about identical to ESPN's streaming numbers so its not like Peacock is some obscure service.
Except FS2 is on cable packages. There is a 0% chance 22 million people pay for peacock, which is what you’ll have to do to see those games

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Was hoping for the 3pm time slot as this is also the game they do the cheer camp and the kids get to go out on the field at halftime so we signed our girls up for that. Will be interesting to see how long my 9 and 6 years olds will make it until they are tired and complaining about wanting to go home when this game probably won't be over until 10:30 or later.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Except FS2 is on cable packages. There is a 0% chance 22 million people pay for peacock, which is what you’ll have to do to see those games
Oh boy! So are about 300 other channels. I used to have Dish and about 15 different home shopping networks. Just becuase it's hidden on some dying model of a cable package doesn't mean anyone us watching it .

I guarantee you 22 million people get Peacock, go look it up for yourself and stop bragging about being on a channel nobody cares about.

• Dumb
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
And their ratings will plummet. Good luck going against the NFL, then you have a huge part of the market gone to high school games on Friday nights.
Since you're obviously an Iowa fan, you know you guys play Friday night games on a regular basis right? I think you've played both Minnesota and Maryland on Fridays in the past couple of years.

Reactions: Cyhig

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Oh boy! So are about 300 other channels. I used to have Dish and about 15 different home shopping networks. Just becuase it's hidden on some dying model of a cable package doesn't mean anyone us watching it .

I guarantee you 22 million people get Peacock, go look it up for yourself and stop bragging about being on a channel nobody cares about.
Buddy nobodys bragging about being sent off to FS2. Enjoy paying for peacock

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
MW released their info, so these are the options:

FOXFS1FS2
ALDS Game 1ALDS Game 1
ISU vs TCUISU vs TCU
Wyoming vs FresnoWyoming vs Fresno
This doesn't appear to make any sense. If both the ISU game and Wy game are listed as Fox/FS2 one would have to be Fox and one would have to be FS2 so Fox is taken so the ALDS game would have to be on FS1.

What am I missing?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
This doesn't appear to make any sense. If both the ISU game and Wy game are listed as Fox/FS2 one would have to be Fox and one would have to be FS2 so Fox is taken so the ALDS game would have to be on FS1.

What am I missing?
If the ISU game is pushed to FS2 I take it as the MW game isn’t televised. Unless both ALDS games are played simultaneously Fox maxes their inventory by having ISU on Fox, ALDS on FS1 and MW on FS2

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

What am I missing?

If the ISU game is pushed to FS2 I take it as the MW game isn’t televised. Unless both ALDS games are played simultaneously Fox maxes their inventory by having ISU on Fox, ALDS on FS1 and MW on FS2

Doesn't the ALDS almost have to be on Fox at 2:30? If they are going to show football at night, that tells me ALDS will be 2:30 FOX and 6:30 FS1.

Results could dictate which football game is put on Fox/FS2.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Doesn't the ALDS almost have to be on Fox at 2:30? If they are going to show football at night, that tells me ALDS will be 2:30 FOX and 6:30 FS1.

Results could dictate which football game is put on Fox/FS2.

Kansas/UCF is on Fox at 3:00, so any afternoon baseball will be on FS1.

• Informative
Reactions: CoachHines3

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I really don't care what network the ISU game is on... JUST WIN. Keep winning and we will be elevated to more prime networks and timeslots.

Reactions: Cyhig and NWICY

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Kansas/UCF is on Fox at 3:00, so any afternoon baseball will be on FS1.
Guessing ALDS game in Baltimore will be at 1:00 on FS1 and then they'll have the game at Texas/Houston at 5:30. on FS1.

NLDS game in Atlanta at 3:00 on TBS and NLDS game in LA at 8:30 on TBS.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017

Just because 22 million people subscribe to Peakcock doesn’t mean 22 million are watching it at the same time. It means at most there will be 22M.

This particular channel is not available on Peacock (FS2). However, it is available on any other major cable or streaming platform.

I have YTTV. I could care less what station a certain game or program is on. Rather, my home page has a list of games. I have no clue when I select a game what station I am watching, nor do I really care.

Last edited:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

The paid service of Peacock, or the free one that doesn’t include CFB? Cause once you signed up for Peacoock to watch Yellowstone, that membership is still live with the free version even after you cancel the paid service.