Big 12 TV/Kick Times - Oct. 7

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Do lots open at 1pm for a 7pm kickoff with the new lot rules? I cant find the updated rules

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
And their ratings will plummet. Good luck going against the NFL, then you have a huge part of the market gone to high school games on Friday nights.
A "huge" part of the market isn't going to high school games. A Friday night college football game will still put up better numbers than an afternoon Saturday game, when a "huge" part of the market has way more options.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
A "huge" part of the market isn't going to high school games. A Friday night college football game will still put up better numbers than an afternoon Saturday game, when a "huge" part of the market has way more options.
Lol, yeah, I'm sure they'll put the biggest games of the conference season on Friday night also?

If Texas and OU would have stayed they probably would have moved that to 8pm on a Friday instead of Saturday afternoon right? I mean, more people would watch it on Fridays becuase there is no other option. On Saturdays they have some middling SEC game or a Penn State- Illinois level game at 11 everyone will watch instead.

The Big 10 has been doing this for years and it's some low level teams that nobody cares about like Purdue vs Rutgers on Fridays. You know why? Becuase nobody watches those games. It's the same reason network TV puts all their terrible shows or reruns on in those time slots. People are doing other things, hs football, movies, dates, kids, drinking at bars and not paying close attention to the games.....etc. Use your brain.

You can argue about attendence at high school games all you want but Friday nights are for high school football. Yeah, move a Texas game to a Friday night and see how well that plays out in that state during high school season.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
It’s less to do with that and more to do with the MLB playoffs I’m guessing

Fresno State/Wyoming and ISU/TCU. One will be on Fox, the other on FS2, according to both conferences.

MLB is lined up for FS1 -- unless Fox blows the whole thing up tonight/tomorrow.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I don't believe that FOX can move MLB off of FS1 per their agreement with TBS that the ALDS will be on cable.

Fresno is ranked and Wyoming is 4-1.

My gut says that game goes to FOX and Iowa State/TCU goes to FS2.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Lol, yeah, I'm sure they'll put the biggest games of the conference season on Friday night also?

If Texas and OU would have stayed they probably would have moved that to 8pm on a Friday instead of Saturday afternoon right? I mean, more people would watch it on Fridays becuase there is no other option. On Saturdays they have some middling SEC game or a Penn State- Illinois level game at 11 everyone will watch instead.

The Big 10 has been doing this for years and it's some low level teams that nobody cares about like Purdue vs Rutgers on Fridays. You know why? Becuase nobody watches those games. It's the same reason network TV puts all their terrible shows or reruns on in those time slots. People are doing other things, hs football, movies, dates, kids, drinking at bars and not paying close attention to the games.....etc. Use your brain.

You can argue about attendence at high school games all you want but Friday nights are for high school football. Yeah, move a Texas game to a Friday night and see how well that plays out in that state during high school season.
You're clueless. They put those lower tier games on Friday because people will watch football regardless of the matchup if it's the only thing on. You don't *have* to schedule games on Fridays. It's just becoming a more profitable option for the networks. Purdue-Rutgers on Friday will get far more viewers on a main ESPN channel than they would on the BTN on a Saturday afternoon. You're really confident for being a moron.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Confirmed our game is on FS2. That goes to less households than ESPNews.

A Big 12 game has been bumped for a mountain west game. Ouch. Horrible year for the Hateful 8 as OUT are miles above the rest of the conference and it’s not even close.

Help Support Us

Become a patron