Info: Big Changes To Accessing Betting Boards, Gaming, In-State Rivals, and Politics Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
Re: Big Changes To Accessing Betting Boards, Gaming, In-State Rivals, and Politics Fo

Please refer back to the app thread. Also, the new mobile view is much more advanced than the app was but follow the app related threads for updates or to voice feedback.

the mobile site is killer

very smooth/quick

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Re: Big Changes To Accessing Betting Boards, Gaming, In-State Rivals, and Politics Fo

This is a great deal. It will take some effort to complain about, but there must be a way!
We will find a way to complain. We have the technology.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

Let's not make this an "app thread" as it isn't what it was intended for. But we're currently working on a new one. I don't have an estimate on when it will be done but it is in the works. Just use the mobile site. It's better than the old app was anyway.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

I thought big changes to Cy Bookie meant another imminent credit bonus for football just like a QE3.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

It says there are no public groups for me to join... How do you opt in

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Nice job Jeremy and Chris. I'm happy with whatever you do. Lots of us have our opinions, but you guys have a great perspective for the whole community. I appreciate the way you listen to us, but don't worry about pleasing all of us all the time. As soon as you do one thing, we will want something else. You are the brains of CF. Don't let the mouths (or other parts) be too much in charge!

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida

Going forward, we will be making the Betting Boards, Gaming & Hobbies, In-State Rivals, and Politics Forums as opt-in only.

In order to accommodate the frequently requested functionality for users to decide what forums they see and what posts/threads they see on various portions of the site, we have greatly enhanced what happens when you opt-in to the specific forums often times requested.

I have added code that will drive what threads you see throughout the site based on if you have elected to opt-in to one or more of the above mentioned groups - previously this was a half-baked, very buggy functionality. If you do not opt-in to view the above mentioned forums, you will not see any reference to them on the Forum home page, the Recent Threads section, the Activity Stream, within User Profiles, or in the New Posts section. Essentially, you will not know they exist.

To opt-in to any of the above mentioned forums, click on the link below - note that it can also be found under the Quick Links menu in the navbar, as well as a tab within your User Control Panel. You can change your opt-in/out status at any time with no side-effects.

You can opt-in now and we'll enforce the new methodology later in the week.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups

From this users point of view, it's another unnecessary complication. The site should be user friendly and fun. Losing my zillions of dollars of funny money for placing bets when you changed the site was not fun. And adding more complicating details makes it less user friendly.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30

Can we opt out of the annoying countdown bar? We know when the next game is.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA

this isn't an acc board :(

D

Deleted member 6804

Where heck are my winnings from previous years?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Really Gone.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Bump. Need for bball season....

Status
Not open for further replies.