Big Ten East vs Big Ten West

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Imagine Iowa being in the East. This year will be the type of year playing OSU, Mich Much st, Penn each year. This season for iowa would be a typical year for them 5-6 wins.

• Winner
Reactions: 83cy

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Imagine Iowa being in the East. This year will be the type of year playing OSU, Mich Much st, Penn each year. This season for iowa would be a typical year for them 5-6 wins.
Right. It seems like Wisconsin is starting to fade, they don’t have the recruiting base like Ohio St, Michigan and Penn State. Until USC joins the West that division could have years where there isn’t a top 25 team. And even the Trojans have had a lot of down years lately.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
That would be awesome. It would be just like when I was growing up in the late 60’s and 70’s when they had all those consecutive losing seasons. One could only hope

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
The best thing that could happen (& it repeatedly has) is Iowa 'miraculously' gets 'better' as the season goes along & the team, in particular the offense & the QB, 'improve as they always do at Iowa'. Why? No coaching changes will be made.
A difference is they have been able to weather this, but with the portal & NIL they will undergo desertion, in particular from skill positions, & they will field more teams similar to this year's team. Other than our punt team, I didn't see one position group Iowa was better. At best, 1 or 2 are equal. Their fans with any brains witnessed this & know this, & deep down this is why they want coaching changes. Writing has been on the wall & this season it's magnified.

Reactions: Peter and Acylum

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The west should be more wide open than usual, its always Wisconsin or whatever team has the easiest schedule, with the Badgers down, who knows what happens.

Reactions: jcyclonee

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I know the old Big 12 North was very bad, but you would still occassionally see Nebraska Or K-State win the conference. Its amazing the disparity between the East and West.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The only thing looking up for Iowa is Arland Bruce trying to catch another ball thrown 5 yards over his head by our QB.

Every time Petras tries to throw to the sideline I think about Varsity Blues so thanks to him for that I guess.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Go Gophers!

Mohamed Ibrahim is back from injury and one of the leagues top backs.** Defense is good, good enough that teams like the Hawks will have issues. On the flip side, Gophers are built to run and da Hawks do seem tough on the run as usual. Will see if 5th year QB Tanner can play well enough to get them the top spot. Hawks at Minnesota this year might look a lot like the ISU/Iowa game, less the Gophers messing up as much on special teams.

** That's the only real takeaway from the curb stomping they gave a really bad FCS team on Saturday.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The only thing looking up for Iowa is Arland Bruce trying to catch another ball thrown 5 yards over his head by our QB.

Or Bruce trying to catch a ball thrown right between his numbers. But I suppose he'll blame that on the rain.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
It’s going to be delicious when the Big 10 loses the divisions and Iowa cant get fat on the western cupcake buffet anymore. Brian Ferentz would literally **** his pants at some point.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Wisconsin has been sliding for years but it's only been apparent recently. They have a great program but have struggled to find great coaches since Alverez left. Bret Bielema, Gary Andersen, and now Paul Chryst. Woof.