Bill Self holding a presser Wednesday ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Can you link the "Lots of rumors about him telling everyone he's back to he's hanging it up."

I'd like to read some of those takes.
DCHawk1Posts: 6861Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 am
Post by DCHawk1 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:43 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:11 pmAlready speculation that Bill is calling it quits on Wednesday...which I don't believe.
He gone. We ******.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Well, you'd have to define 'lots,' I suppose.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Having stents put in doesn't mean he actually had a heart attack. They could have just found the issue early.
Point being, lifestyles and diet and stress levels contribute to heart "issues". Blockages can lead to heart attacks. He may not have had a "classic" heart attack, but there is definitely a problem there that will require an "attitude adjustment" in addition to the stents.

Mostly, I feel that poopooing it because he didn't have a "heart attack" is naive.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Having stents put in doesn't mean he actually had a heart attack. They could have just found the issue early.
Absolutely, there is a massive difference. Heart attacks typically cause damage to the heart muscle. Presumably, his heart muscle is 100%, thankfully due to catching the blockages before anything bad happened. He’s definitely going to have to make lifestyle changes though.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Thanks for spamming this board with trash surly.
What does this even mean? Bill Self rumors about retirement were all over the media, social and otherwise, yet you say it's a trash topic? I post B12 news on the B12 board and it's spam? Good grief.

The fact you may not like me is one thing. But to call this topic trash is just wrong.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What does this even mean? Bill Self rumors about retirement were all over the media, social and otherwise, yet you say it's a trash topic? I post B12 news on the B12 board and it's spam? Good grief.

The fact you may not like me is one thing. But to call this topic trash is just wrong.

Trash, just like his hairpiece.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

Considering almost all Jayhawk fans knew he wasn’t retiring, I would call it trash.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The fact is you don't like the thread only because I posted it. Had it been some random ISU fan's posting, it would never have been an issue. Why not be transparent and quit with the silliness? Y'all remind me of the bowling ally ladies after a bad showing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The fact is you don't like it only because I posted it. Had it been some random ISU fan's posting, it would never have been an issue. Why not be transparent and quit with the silliness? Y'all remind me of the bowling ally ladies.
A random ISU fan isn't also tmcats.

Reactions: Marcelason78

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
The fact is you don't like the thread only because I posted it. Had it been some random ISU fan's posting, it would never have been an issue. Why not be transparent and quit with the silliness? Y'all remind me of the bowling ally ladies after a bad showing.
You go on to an ISU board falsely suggest that Bill Self (your hated rival) is retiring and put a picture of Jay wright suggesting he is their next coach.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You go on to an ISU board falsely suggest that Bill Self (your hated rival) is retiring and put a picture of Jay wright suggesting he is their next coach.
I did not such thing. I posted that rumors were flying. I never ever said Self is retiring, in fact I said just the opposite. Stop with the prevarications.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Point being, lifestyles and diet and stress levels contribute to heart "issues". Blockages can lead to heart attacks. He may not have had a "classic" heart attack, but there is definitely a problem there that will require an "attitude adjustment" in addition to the stents.

Mostly, I feel that poopooing it because he didn't have a "heart attack" is naive.

No one is poo-pooing it. Its a very serious deal that if they didn't catch early could have led to a heart attack. I've had several friends and family that have had the same thing.

Saying that someone has a heart attack anytime they have a procedure related to their heart is naive.

In fact, calling what he had a "heart attack" might lead others to think, "Well, I'll just wait until have a heart attack to have my heart checked out, worked out fine for Bill Self."

Reactions: Raider