Blyleven, Alomar elected to HOF

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Good thing for Alomar that being a good person isn't part of the criteria to get into the HOF. He's a dirtball.

On a side note, it's a shame Bagwell didn't get in. He's a good example of collateral damage caused by the steroid era.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Good thing for Alomar that being a good person isn't part of the criteria to get into the HOF. He's a dirtball.

On a side note, it's a shame Bagwell didn't get in. He's a good example of collateral damage caused by the steroid era.

This is a good point. Bagwell's name has never shown up on any of the lists, but (at least for right now) he's getting lumped in with McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, etc. just because he hit for power in that era. Perhaps he did use - but he's never been formally accused. Perhaps he just needs a few more years.

Congrats to Blyleven, he's deserving.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
This is a good point. Bagwell's name has never shown up on any of the lists, but (at least for right now) he's getting lumped in with McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, etc. just because he hit for power in that era. Perhaps he did use - but he's never been formally accused. Perhaps he just needs a few more years.

Congrats to Blyleven, he's deserving.

I think next year will be more telling. Lots of reports don't vote for a guy the first time. If he doesn't get in next year, then there's a problem.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Alomar is also the greatest AIDs infected baseball player ever.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
How much do you think the Indians will make from selling the rights to claim these 2 as former players to the highest bidder? :sad:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Robeto Alomar is my favorite player of all-time. Glad to see him get in, hopefully as a Blue Jay.

tccoach

Apr 22, 2006
Iowa
Glad to see Alomar get in as well, should be interesting to see if he goes in as a Blue Jay, Orioles, or Indian...I would guess he will go in as a Blue Jay given he won a World Series with them and played there 5 years. Alomar's bad reputation following the Spitting incident was so blown up...he had no on or off the field issues before or after this incident and despite the umpire possibly inciting the incident Alomar will always have a "black eye" beacause of it...He was one of the best 2nd baseman to ever play the game and deserves to be in the HOF.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Congrats to those two, both well deserving. Hopefully in 2012 I'll be traveling to Cooperstown to see The Captain, Barry Larkin inducted.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Well, at least ever since sabermetrics proved well after his retirement that he was a much better pitcher than he was ever given credit for during his career...

I remember seeing this. I also concur that at least to my memory, he didn't really get a whole lot of attention while he was playing. At least not to the level you'd expect of a HOFer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron