Board of Regents Statement

goldmember

May 31, 2006
Sorry if this was already posted -

Board Of Regents Statement

The following statement was released by Board of Regents President David Miles on Thursday:'The speculation about re-alignment of college athletic conferences is understandably a matter of concern right now for the faculty and staff, the students, the fans, alumni and friends of Iowa State University."Today’s announcement by the University of Colorado that it will be leaving the Big 12 Conference to join the Pac 10 Conference is disappointing. Certainly, this change and others that are reportedly being discussed could have a significant, negative impact on Iowa State."The Board of Regents is proud of the athletics program at Iowa State, the professionalism of the administration, the enthusiasm and loyalty of the fans and supporters, and of course, the dedication and achievements of the student athletes. While considerable attention is focused on membership in athletic conferences, this should not overshadow the many accomplishments of our student athletes. For example, Iowa State’s Lisa Koll yesterday recorded a remarkable achievement: her third NCAA championship when she won the 10,000-meter race at the NCAA outdoor championships in Eugene, Oregon. Additionally, Iowa State University led the Big 12 student athlete graduation rate at 79 percent in the latest rankings."Iowa State President Gregory Geoffroy and Athletics Director Jamie Pollard are working diligently to ensure the best possible outcome for Iowa State. This includes talks with other presidents, chancellors and athletics directors, as well as with Governor Culver and members of Iowa’s congressional delegation."The Board of Regents applauds and supports these efforts."

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Yes I did see that buried in another thread. I do feel bad that Lisa Koll has been overshadowed the last few days. I believe she is arguably one of the Top 5 Athletes (Men or Women) that have ever been at Iowa State University EVER; and unarguably the #1 Most Attractive.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
That statement was as dry as a saltine cracker. But thank you Board of Regents, now go make it happen for ISU.

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Yeah, and all of the things mentioned mean nothing. We'd be better off in California with a 3yr probation from the NCAA. I'm ******!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Let me paraphrase:"You guys do some good things in the classroom but when push comes to shove we don't really care as long as Iowa is in good shape. They are so we will talk to ya later."

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Should have finished with "the regents will instruct iowa to vote no to any potential big 10 expansion that would adversely affect ISU"

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
I just wonder what would be done if this was happening on the east side of the state? Not this, you could bet on that.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Translation: We don't care what happens to Iowa State. Forget that school and send any good athletes you have to Iowa.

I freaking hate that our politians and the BOR have sat on their hands through all of this. Hate.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Yes I did see that buried in another thread. I do feel bad that Lisa Koll has been overshadowed the last few days. I believe she is arguably one of the Top 5 Athletes (Men or Women) that have ever been at Iowa State University EVER; and unarguably the #1 Most Attractive.

I agree 100%.

Oops, it looks like maybe I accidently selected too much text to bold. Or did I? :biggrin:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Translation: We don't care what happens to Iowa State. Forget that school and send any good athletes you have to Iowa.

I freaking hate that our politians and the BOR have sat on their hands through all of this. Hate.

Same s***, different decade.
Screw the State of Iowa, definitely going to avoid ever supporting it with my tax dollars.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Same s***, different decade.
Screw the State of Iowa, definitely going to avoid ever supporting it with my tax dollars.

It's so stupid. And it's not like I expect the politicians to demand we get placed in a certain conference. All I want is to feel like someone at least cares. No one cares. The media laughs. The politicians sit on their hands until it is too late and then release a weakass statement.

I would just for once like someone to say that this really sucks and that Iowa State deserves better. That's not asking a lot, for god's sake.